PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Waiting Man GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
The Hollers of Kentucky in Appalachia
Quality pipes but they are expensive except in their imported tobacco. I can buy a Peterson for $90 on ebay not the $140 they wanted. Bought some Peterson Sherlock Holmes for $14.96. They have their own blends but they are just bulk renamed. Owner wasn't appreciative that I pointed that out. Especially since he was charging $42 for half a pound. I'd avoid it.20240418_144815.jpg

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I thought they would have better deals. They do carry a nice range of luggage and wallets as well as walking canes.
All of which are cheaper online, no doubt.
Question, after you pointed out the obvious pricing errors, did the salesman mention anything about basic cost of doing business stuff to you?

Reactions: fireground_piper

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I can't believe you guys did something so tactless. No wonder B&M's are closing left and right. Clearly, you guys don't go to a B&M to socialize.

Reactions: jpberg
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Didn’t you visit another B&M in the past and give them a horrible review under similar circumstances of price & service? Or was that another fella? 🤔 Either way B&Ms can’t charge what online retailers charge as their pipe & tobacco traffic simply can’t justify the lower cost. Ripping them online, unless it was something completely ridiculous on their part is honestly bad form. But hey you do you. ☕

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've never been but I have multiple friends who have.
Seems the story is always the same - impressive selection of pipes, both briar and meer, but priced prohibitively - even for a B&M.

Reactions: Old Smokey

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
The Hollers of Kentucky in Appalachia
Didn’t you visit another B&M in the past and give them a horrible review under similar circumstances of price & service? Or was that another fella? 🤔 Either way B&Ms can’t charge what online retailers charge as their pipe & tobacco traffic simply can’t justify the lower cost. Ripping them online, unless it was something completely ridiculous on their part is honestly bad form. But hey you do you. ☕
Different guy. I'm not ripping them, just giving my experience and opinion. I still bought from them.

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️