PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
It's actually more like this:

fpj9l.gif
That's pretty good. Prettttay, pretttay, prettttt-y good! ?

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanpiper
Jun 25, 2021
England
What subtleties am I missing?
I was rather implying that it's myself who is missing the subtleties.
That's because until a year ago I had no internet, didn't want any internet.
Then that blasted virus came along and the lockdown.
My eldest daughter persuaded me to get a tablet, so that I could order my groceries online and have them delivered.
And so, here I am. Still a bit green, but learning, as I say, and enjoying the friendship.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I save them all up throughout the day and then yell them at other drivers from behind the safety of my windshield during my commute home. Thankfully I commute an hour each way so there is plenty of time to dispense of my daily ruminations on the stupidity and general solipsism of the human race before I arrive at work/home.
I've seen the pictures of your "vehicle". I'm trying to imagine traffic up there and all I can see is a WW1 dogfight only with angry alaskans in Cessnas shouting and spitting.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I've seen the pictures of your "vehicle". I'm trying to imagine traffic up there and all I can see is a WW1 dogfight only with angry alaskans in Cessnas shouting and spitting.
Haha, yeah no yelling in that one. However, now that you mention it, using that vehicle would cut my commute in half! The feds might take issue with me landing on a public road though.........but I mean, it is a "motor vehicle" right? :ROFLMAO:

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Vocabulary and grammar are not essential to communication. At times they can be a hindrance. In point these two statements saying the same thing:

"I say, old boy, I greatly fear what you are smoking is going to ghost my pipe though we are separated by considerable distance."

As opposed to:

"My pipe good. Your pipe bad. Smells of buffalo ass."

Reactions: Morrison Jeremiah
Jan 27, 2020
Absolutely, and it is in the subtle nuances that people tend to get angry at something I've said or someone else, and can't understand the differences between attacking the thing said and the person saying it.
And, lets face it, for some guys language was just never their "thing."
"Hammer smash! Bam bam bam!"

At it once again I see. You just can't let it go can you?!