That last little bit of unused tobacco....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I was wondering what you do with that last little bit of tobacco. Do you try to smoke a 1/2 or 1/3 of a bowl? I am thinking of taking all of my scraps and making my own Z's Mayan Apocalypse 2012 blend but I dont know if that will suck or not. :wink:

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
If you mean the bit left from a pouch or tin, yes, mixing it up to a new "blend" is fun and often a tasty surprise. Now, if you're talking about half or third bowls of dottle, that is a whole different (and nasty sounding) ballgame.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
:rofl: talk about a blond moment!
Yeah I have two jars... one for English blends and the other for VA blends. I just toss all the last tidbits into their designated jars.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I bought a pound of apocalypse blend BOTR (Best of the Rest) from P&C. I was pretty much an aro guy at the time and I credit BOTR for helping me transition away from aros. It smells and tastes like everything. I don't smoke it any more but what I have done is put a few cigars in the jar with the BOTR to try to flavour them up. Thanks for jarring my memory I need to test one out. So, yah, blend away!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've been throwing all of the crumbs into one jar that I call "Toaster Leavin's". Got an intersting blend going as there are probably about 30 different blends in there now and growing. Everything from lat blends to some light aro's and everything in-between.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I have only been smoking a pipe for a short period but I have bought a lot of different tobaccos and if there is something I don't care for I toss it in my "This & That" jar and mix it up. I had a few bowls of it the other day and it is actually pretty damn tasty. I may call it "Venturers Blend" :clap:

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
I use the dottle to make a powerful mixture that allows the smoker able to see themselves as others do.

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
when there is less than a bowl full in my pouch ill add the next mix and give it a good shake, but i have a bunch of old tins that i didn't care for and a pound of vanilla that need some livening up thought of mixing and giving it a good shake to see what comes out.

sal57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2012
Yep I put all the left overs in a big jar of not so good tobacco and now I have a lot of not so good tobacco.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I get to the bottom of a tin and there is not enough for a full bowl, I just open a new tin and add from that. I do not mix blends, not very adventurous I guess.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
i think based upon this thread, I am going to go forward with Mayan Apocalypse 2012 and see what happens. :D

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I mix everything in an empty Blackhouse tin, bemoan, va,capers,aros, everything. Hehe ......haven't tried it yet tho.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Now, if you're talking about half or third bowls of dottle, that is a whole different (and nasty sounding) ballgame.
LOL Greg, your comment made my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.