PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
Mainly for the British pipe smokers, but I recently bought a couple of tins of SG tobacco and they have an ingenious way of getting around the massive warning signs that destroys the tin art. Not only that but it is eco friendly as well, pop it out of the box and put it in the recycling (the cardboard box not the tobacco).
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/2583/img_20170909_225135839-1-600x450.jpg
Thank you, Samuel Gawith, for sticking it to the man and still being legal while you do so. :)

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
That is an awesome solution, I just wonder if it's temporary until the old stock is gone. Hopefully not

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
img_20170909_225135839-1-600x450.jpg

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
I don't think it's old stock, the tins that I have bought in the past had the warning labels on them, so what it looks like they have done is to use the tins they send to the US market.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Excellent, except who is paying for the extra packaging? I doubt they will take the hit themselves, most likely add an extra .50p per 50g box/tin for the consumer.
Regards,
Jay.

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
I doubt it will be as expensive as that, but even then, what are their options? Dunhill have doubled the size of their tins to incorporate the label warnings, a bit of extra cardboard is going to be cheaper than metal.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Great idea!!
"Smoking causes 9 out of 10 lung cancers." The EU is using a sort of shady method of suggesting that smokers almost surely will get lung cancer.
Here is why:
Surprisingly, fewer than 10 percent of lifelong smokers will get lung cancer. Fewer yet will contract the long list of other cancers, such as throat or mouth cancers. In the game of risk, you're more likely to have a condom break than to get cancer from smoking.
That the majority of smokers beat cancer doesn't make for effective anti-smoking campaigning. So the statistics are turned around: Smoking accounts for 30 percent of all cancer deaths and 87 percent of lung cancer deaths; the risk of developing lung cancer is about 23 times higher in male smokers compared to non-smokers; smoking is associated with increased risk of at least 15 types of cancer; or that smoking causes millions of deaths worldwide.
What does this mean? To the happy and dedicated smoker, it means nothing. The Internet is rife with pro-smoking sites dismissing these kinds of facts. There are billions of people, the argument goes, and they have to die of something, even rare diseases.
-- FROM LIVESCIENCE website.

Status
Not open for further replies.