PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Mick Foley visited him a little while back and Terry looked frail. He retired more times than I can remember but always came back. I guess this really was the last time😔. Should be interesting listening to Jim Cornette reminisce on his podcast.

View attachment 242081
I thought the same thing - likely to hear our cult leader break down in tears.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Saw him a few times in person. RIP.
The first time I saw him on tv wasn't actually in a wrestling match. It was in the Sylvester Stallone wrestling movie "Paradise Alley". Loved that movie when I was little.

Sly and Terry were good friends and he appeared in Sly's movie "Over The Top" and did the choreography for the street fight at the end of "Rocky 5".

Reactions: autumnfog

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
The NWA in the southeast in the 70s and 80s we had everyone at our local auditorium in Melbourne FL, the Funk brothers, Rick Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Bob Backlund, Super Fly Jimmy S, Tony Atlas, Steve Kern, all of those guys were so young back then, jesus it was packed with future super stars.

I was like 6 or 7 and saw Mike Graham eating with Rick Flair at McDonalds like 2 hours before their big title match, Flair was of course the bad guy, just ruined in for me LOL

Good times.

RIP Mr Funk

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
The NWA in the southeast in the 70s and 80s we had everyone at our local auditorium in Melbourne FL, the Funk brothers, Rick Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Bob Backlund, Super Fly Jimmy S, Tony Atlas, Steve Kern, all of those guys were so young back then, jesus it was packed with future super stars.

I was like 6 or 7 and saw Mike Graham eating with Rick Flair at McDonalds like 2 hours before their big title match, Flair was of course the bad guy, just ruined in for me LOL

Good times.

RIP Mr Funk
Florida in the 70s with the Grahams was nuts.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
News update:

Bray Wyatt a/k/a the Fiend (son of Mike Rotunda a/k/a IRS) just died of a heart attack at age 36. Sad.

Also, I really like Terry Funk and what he did for the business. Even in later years, Funk helped establish ECW and got younger wrestlers over. He also was instrumental in developing Mick Foley (and bought Mick time to recover after the infamous Hell in a Cell match with the Undertaker).