PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I'm really sorry to hear about your friend and I hope you can find peace in the great memories you've made. Dogs have the best souls of man or beast. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
We put Duchess to rest this past Saturday. Her tumor had begun growing rapidly and she was starting to be in pain. We felt she had been through enough. We are all heartbroken but we are happy she is no longer in pain. Thank you all for the kind words of support.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I'm sorry to hear :-(. I hope the meds are able to do their job well and make her comfortable. Cancer is a difficult thing, and it can be difficult to figure out when to make the decision for a canine companion. What I've learned is that they tend to tell you in the end when they are ready to stop fighting and desire a release. Until then I hope you are able to spend time with your beloved Duchess and go on walks, play with toys, and have fun as her health allows.
Also, I've also learned that opening one's home to another dog as soon as possible helps to ease the pain. If you feel its too soon to make a life long commitment, then I'm sure a rescue in your area would be happy to have you foster a dog.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very sorry for your loss. 5 years old is way too young for that to happen...but unfortunately it’s become more and more common in pets. Just as with people there is not enough serious inquiry going on into what the real causes are for so much cancer. The focus is all on treatment and supposedly researching cures. But not much talk about what is actually causing it. IMO, contaminants in vaccines are a major culprit. There is also data showing that chip implants in pets is causing it in some cases.
My dog is 13 now...rescued her from the shelter when she was just 6 mos. old. Hate to think of dealing with her passing.
My sincere condolences.

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Just saw this, batdemon, and I am at a loss for words. I always empathize with anyone who's lost a "buddy" like this. Causes me to think a lot about whether there really is an afterlife.
I hope so, and I hope that we'll all see our little buddies who've been taken from us far too soon. :x

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Very sorry to hear of your loss, and the thought of this and my two dogs brought a tear to my eye. My two sister dogs are as much part of the family as our children are. Only these two are forever stuck in the "terrible two's".
Again God bless you and your family. When the right time comes I'm sure Dutchess would hope for you to rescue one of the many dogs in need of a loving family like yours could provide.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. My Labrador is 14 now and I dread the day I have to put her down. She's a good friend and family member.

mrpaul

Lurker
Jan 17, 2013
Im so sorry for your loss. I love my dogs too. may God be with you and your family

stay strong

paul

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
Do dogs go to heaven? I believe they do and they'll be waiting for us when our time comes.
I agree rothnh. I would not want to go to a heaven that didn't have our animal friends waiting to greet us.
Thank you all for the kind words and wishes. It means a lot and truly does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.