PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
Just wanted to warn people that they've been pretty bad to deal with the last month. Frankly I'm worried they'll send me back my tobacco if they see this and I'll be out a month messing with them.

Many issues but currently they told me all my stuff was posted, but it's actually only a fraction of what I sent. 7 days without an email response so I tried to call, no answer, and their voicemail is full.

Just beware and have very low expectations if you use them.

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
... and it's a shit show still.

Voicemail is full, don't answer phone.

No quote of tobacco as they promise. Neither before or after sending.

No responses to emails 95% of the time despite being courteous.

They forgot to post some of the tobacco which they admitted, and I can't get a response confirming what they are in receipt of.

When I posted this originally I miraculously got a response 5 minutes later. Maybe this will get me another response? Or they'll shitcan me as a customer.

forloveoffreedom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2013
Going from spending literally hours over the years on the phone with Rich, enjoying his fantastic and creative knowledge to sending several emails with zero response from the new owner who also doesn’t answer his phone just makes me sad. Best of luck OP, better to avoid that place now unfortunately.

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
Welp finally got a response after months of them failing to confirm receipt of my tobacco and only posting a portion of it.

"Hello sir we are very sorry that this arrangement hasnt worked out to your satisfaction. We have terminated the consignment arrangement and have shipped your box of unsold items back to you today via UPS along with a check for your 70% share of the three items that did sell."

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I hope that's what you wanted, 'cause that's what you got. I'm not sure why anyone other than Canadian scalpers resellers do business with them. I stopped ordering from them when Rich declared that he didn't need American customers. The new owner has been problematic from the get-go.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
It's quite possible the owner is closing up shop. You may be SOL. I think that owner-guy (who bought it from Rich) is a lawyer. Jeff Tomei.
I Received an email talking about a Black Friday sale at 4 noggins way before Black Friday this Friday in fact soooooo? Closing up shop is a very acute speculation…

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I Received an email talking about a Black Friday sale at 4 noggins way before Black Friday this Friday in fact soooooo? Closing up shop is a very acute speculation…
Ditto.
I guess I had an order from them a while back that went fine or I would remember it.
But I didn't bite when I got this email (yesterday?), and now I'll be cautious.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I must be the luckiest son of a bitch on the forum...

Had to resupply my stock here. Spent somewhere above $2k since September. All packages accounted for. One returned and sent back without charging me postage.

And, weirdly enough, this reflects my experience with them for something like 15 years or more.

I think people make a good sport of complaining about non-issues like a package taking too long to cross an international border and go through customs. Pro-tip: It has nothing to do with the seller if your package is held in customs for longer than you think is appropriate.

Untitled.jpg

The sale code is PIPES10 at checkout. Had I known there was going to be a sale, I would have waited to order as much as I did. Oh well. Still a happy customer!

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Ditto.
I guess I had an order from them a while back that went fine or I would remember it.
But I didn't bite when I got this email (yesterday?), and now I'll be cautious.

Did the email have a coupon code for the sale? I thought I was on their mailing list, but didn't get it. Thanks!

Reactions: vosBghos

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I must be the luckiest son of a bitch on the forum...

Had to resupply my stock here. Spent somewhere above $2k since September. All packages accounted for. One returned and sent back without charging me postage.

And, weirdly enough, this reflects my experience with them for something like 15 years or more.

I think people make a good sport of complaining about non-issues like a package taking too long to cross an international border and go through customs. Pro-tip: It has nothing to do with the seller if your package is held in customs for longer than you think is appropriate.

View attachment 179150

The sale code is PIPES10 at checkout. Had I known there was going to be a sale, I would have waited to order as much as I did. Oh well. Still a happy custome

Wait.
You aren't complaining?
What the hell are you doing online if you aren't complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.