PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Opened a ten year old can of Old Joe Krantz after reading a thread about burley blends. As Snuffles used to say about his dog bisuits, "mmm, mmm, mmmm".
Burleys are rounded and the Virginias are sweeet. The perique is subtle, just a tiny bit of pepper.
Pax

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Same here. Maybe if I lost a jar in a room I forgot to go into for a decade. I can hear it calling to me.

tomnernas2ndson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Nebraska
OJK, Haunted Bookshop, but Morley's Best is my favorite. I have a giant jar of it. My most routine tobak... I like the C&D blends, even if dryer than others.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Love OJK; one of my go-to C&D blends along with Oak Alley, Burley Flake #3 and Big'N'Burley. Like the other posters, I would not be able to make a tin of OJK last a decade.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I dump my tins in plastic bins. Have three 4 drawer stands, crammed with tobacco tins and cans, with no organization readily apparent = because there is none.
It's a devil to find a particular blend but I find buried treasure on a regular basis - such as this can of OJK. This is actually the first time I smoked this blend. I think I'll order a fresh tin just to compare the effects of aging.
Pax

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
no organization readily apparent = because there is none
This reminds me of something... gosh, I am having trouble remembering... oh wait, that's it... it's my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.