PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Does anyone have any experience with Ted Tobacco? I placed an order with them a week ago and my order is still "processing". Are they that busy of a business or just slow about getting things done? I ordered some Prelip and cigar leaf from Sutliff for blending.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ted Tobacco averages two and a half stars out of five in 85 reviews. I didn't read the reviews, but maybe that reflects slowness in filling orders.

They're in Chattanooga, Tenn., if anyone was wondering. I've never used them.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I placed a big order for PS Luxury Bullseye flake a couple of years ago. It was priced well and It showed in stock on the website. After a week of in process I started contacting them. They kept saying it would ship. A couple of weeks later after a back and forth I asked them to cancel my order and refund me. They did refund me but I won't be ordering anything else from them. I think they are another one of those overselling inventory websites.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Does anyone have any experience with Ted Tobacco? I placed an order with them a week ago and my order is still "processing". Are they that busy of a business or just slow about getting things done? I ordered some Prelip and cigar leaf from Sutliff for blending.

Good eCommerce processes and ships orders in 24-48hrs. business days, anything above this is unacceptable

If you don’t receive emails in the future that your orders haven’t been processed and shipped within this time frame, move on and do business elsewhere.

Of course Amazon would love to make us all believe their eCommerce world of insanity is acceptable, it’s not.

P.S. Call next time, after 48 hrs., you haven’t received an email.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Well, my transaction with Ted Tobacco has been completed. I ordered on 5/25, emailed them on 6/1 and again on 6/7 no response either time. I was sent an email on 6/16 stating that the Cigar Leaf was delayed "beyond their control" and would I accept a substitution or wait until the tobacco in question is in stock. I replied to the email stating that "as long as it's Blending Cigar leaf". I didn't get a response after that or a notification that my order has shipped. Checked their website on 6/24 and found out that it was delivered on 5/23. Got the package home and opened it up to find that instead of the cigar leaf, they sent me Sutliff TS1Y Yellow Virginia. I emailed them about returning the Virginia and they said " Unfortunately, the FDA has strict guidance against the return of consumables such as tobacco so we cannot accept returns." Also when I placed my order I was asked if I would accept free upgrades or substitutions to expedite my order, to which I responded "no". Needless to say, I won't be doing business with them anymore, and I advise everyone else to avoid Ted Tobacco. It took them 1 month to fulfill my order and they screwed it up. I'm out $33 and have tobacco that I didn't order or want, and still don't have the blending cigar leaf that I wanted and was looking forward to. Oh well, lesson learned!