PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I have quite a collection of hand thrown teapots. I started by collecting pots made by my ex missus's family of Seth Cardew & his son Ara but I have broadened my reach to other well known potters.

Here is one made by Alan Pett....

pot 1.jpg

This one is by David Leech (son of Bernard Leech, renowned for reintroducing studio pottery into Britain)......

pot 1.jpg

This beauty is by Jack Kenny.....

pot 2.jpg

This is a recent addition made by Ray Finch at Winchcombe Pottery...

pot 1.jpg

And another by Ray Finch....

pot 8.jpg
This is one by Seth Cardew...this one arrived sans bamboo handle but I soon sourced one & fitted it....

pot 1.jpg

And another Seth Cardew, this is actually very tiny and was made to order. It holds just the one cup of tea.

teapot 1.jpg
And finally another one by Seth, this is a whopper and came with one of his jugs....

pot 1.jpg

Jay.

jaingorenard

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
I have quite a collection of hand thrown teapots. I started by collecting pots made by my ex missus's family of Seth Cardew & his son Ara but I have broadened my reach to other well known potters.

Here is one made by Alan Pett....

View attachment 291083

This one is by David Leech (son of Bernard Leech, renowned for reintroducing studio pottery into Britain)......

View attachment 291090

This beauty is by Jack Kenny.....

View attachment 291093

This is a recent addition made by Ray Finch at Winchcombe Pottery...

View attachment 291094

And another by Ray Finch....

View attachment 291095
This is one by Seth Cardew...this one arrived sans bamboo handle but I soon sourced one & fitted it....

View attachment 291097

And another Seth Cardew, this is actually very tiny and was made to order. It holds just the one cup of tea.

View attachment 291098
And finally another one by Seth, this is a whopper and came with one of his jugs....

View attachment 291099

Jay.
A wonderful collection, Jay! I particularly like the Jack Kenny.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I just have never heard of anyone making something to consume with distilled water. It doesn't have any minerals in it, which is what most would attribute to good tasting water. Usually folks would say that it tastes flat or bland. But, maybe with tea, it's different. Just curious.
Always used distilled because my well water tastes great but is heavy in calcium. The modern electric makers are destroyed within a few.months.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore