PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
fitzy the thought has crossed my mind. I do enjoy a good kombucha.
Cosmic I must confess, it was an accidental pairing. Blue Mountain oolong is a bit bitter (but health benefits make it great for you) so in that case the aro helped. I am still experimenting as i am learning water temp and steep time mean everything. Like tobacco, cadence is needed.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Cosmic - Earl Grey Tea could be called an aromatic, its "cased" with bergamot :)

bentbob

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2015
It's virtually law in England. Everything stops for tea.
Tetley, Yorkshire or English Breakfast in the morning brewed so that the spoon will stand up in the cup.

Chai for elevenses

Chai at luncheon

Earl Grey (with lemon) in the afternoon

Lapsang Souchong in the early evening

Chai for the rest of the night.
Order may be changed for special occasions.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I like Twinings Irish Breakfast and Red Rooibos. Also Chai with honey and splash of milk.

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
If you like tea, you must explore Japanese greens. Full of umami and grassy notes! You can check out tea chat for more ino on brewing parameters for all kind of teas. My favorite Japanese seller ir O-cha. Check it out!

music4cash

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2016
+1 on the Japanese greens...I'm enjoying a cup of Kagoshima Sencha Sae Midori at the moment, my kyusu gets more use than my pipe in an average day, however I don't think green tea pairs with tobacco at all. An english tea might work, or perhaps a Hoji Cha, but I prefer my tea to be prepared in a fukamushi style not fermented or roasted.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Lapsang Suchong is great with English blends.
I'm really enjoying a black tea called Kenyan Tinderet. Earl Grey is a staple around here, and I'll drink those two with any blend.
I recently bought some pur'eh, not sure what I think of it yet. Also recently I got a kilo of Yerba Mate, and it is awesome. Great with straight Virginia blends, and I can't recommend it enough.

stephenw

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
WV
Almost every day I make a pot of keemun tea and have it with my first pipe of the day. Right now I am smoking well aged 2015 in an old clay and sipping on a huge mug of keemun tea with just a touch of Sweet and Low. I am getting ready for the 2nd cup of tea as I type this.

chuckp

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2015
I drink Twinings English and Irish Breakfast teas with my BCA...not a fan of flavored or floral teas, just black blends.
I get an Irish Breakfast loose tea blend distributed by Frontier at my local Health Food store, really nice.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Drinking tea is a tradition here. We have teahouses instead of coffee shops, we just drink tea for the breakfast instead of coffee and actually we drink tea all the time after each meal. I would usually mix black tea blends (such as English Breakfast or Earl Grey) with green tea blends or flavored tea blends or herbs. A flavored black tea accompanies the pipe very well IMO. It will also prevent the tongue bite.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
For me it is either tea or beer. One thing I could never do is drink water while smoking a pipe. It just doesn't work for me.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I love to drink gunpowder tea and black tea while smoking. Oddly enough I really got into collecting tea pots. I have several cast iron, ceramic and one clay that is my favorite.

Great topic. Now I can add tea aquisition disorder to my other disorders!

Status
Not open for further replies.