Tax returns! (aka pipe and tobacco money!!)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
So I did my tax returns today and I am getting a good little chunk back this year. I will be using a large portion of it for my honeymoon to Scotland this year but of course I set aside a little extra for some massive tobacco orders!! Anyone else thinking about spending a little of their returns on some baccy? Smeigs

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I will be mailing mine in shortly as I love contributing money to the well being of my fellow citizens. Actually this year I might get a few peso's back and I think I might invest in a new tobacco jar to replace the old cracked alabaster one I inherited from an aunt who was using it as a door stop back in 1979. When I had it on my desk at the office years ago someone politely asked me whose ashes were in the urn on my desk! I responded in true Monty Python style by tipping the contents of my ash tray onto a large sheet of paper and commenting that this was the amount of ash an average smoker makes ….. but not all smokers are cremated!

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I'm just praying I get a decent return... I missed out on the tax credit when I bought my house this year... I really wanted the extra bucks then; now I know I want it!

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
Most definitely. Part will go to bills I've put off, part will go to a new house, and part will go towards starting an LLC.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Hopefully you will find this little piece of advice useful and enjoy the additional money through-out the year; If you are getting a return, you are losing money. Lending money, interest free to the Government, is not a good idea fiscally. Change your deductions, look into a bit of investing, and do some planning and saving for retirement. Just putting it in a standard savings account will give you more of a return, maybe 1% or a bit more, than simply over-paying your tax and then celebrating getting back less money.
The Government doesn't need that money you lend them and you can do much better with it in hand than you can letting the Government use it and then returning less to you, after inflation, than you gave them.
Long term guys! Think in the longer term.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I know it's sacrilege to admit this on this board, but the money that I get back will probably go to cigars:).

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I hear you Warren! Problem is my wife likes to get a return.
After the usual stuff (pet meds, clothes, etc) I plan on paying off my layaway at Smokers Haven and maybe getting more tobacco. Probably get cigars for the wife as well.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Haha I wish I hadn't have seen this thread!
Most of my money I've already allocated to go to bills and I'm holding myself back from spending the rest on pipes and tobacco! lol. I've already decided I wanted to order many ounces of Mississippi River. Might have to grab that and a pipe...that's it......I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.