PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
My wife's arms are covered from the backs of her hands to her shoulders. And I mean covered, no more room for anything. She also has a chest piece and her ribs and back have work too. She is a nurse. If she weren't really good at her job, she wouldn't get hired on anywhere. She has been turned down at all of the major hospitals here in Dayton entirely because of her tattoo's, not because of her degree and exceptional work history. It is HELL trying to get a job in Dayton with tattoo's.

this post certainly requires pictures!
This

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
When I read your first post on this thread my impression was that the company you work for is in its death throes. In my experience any time a place starts arbitrarily enforcing meaningless policies it's the start of a long walk off a short cliff. Sorry to hear you're caught in such a shitstorm. Makes me grateful I live someplace where almost no one cares about tats. Good on luck getting tehfuggoutta there smoothly.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I got a hit on a new job today. My application passed the first test and they are going to do my criminal background check now. If I get it, it will have full government benefits and I'll get to live somewhere I've always wanted to live, so wish me luck.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Good luck with that job interview.
My wife is currently pregnant with our first child, and pretty much hates cameras. I'd ask her, but I really don't feel like getting hit. It is pretty bogus though, that tattoo's are still a taboo in our culture.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Good luck Baron, I was out of work for over a year and it was not just painful but it drove me mad as I would apply for jobs paying 50% less than I had made in over 10 years only to never get a call and if I did the interview seemed more like the interviewer was on a fishing expedition trying to pick my brain about the competition in the city. Finally after a lot of prayers and hard work; 5-20 resumes a day, everyday! I was able to find work and the hiring process was long, 3 months! Best wishes.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I am a Texas Correctional Officer. I have many visible tattoos (in a short sleeve shirt) from forearms to upper arms to where the sleeve falls. One other officer on my unit has more ink (almost a full sleeve both arms), and many officers have more typical arm tattoos. Our Assistant Warden has tattoos (and she is a she, to boot), and they are occasionally visible, depending on what she wears. I have had a strict policy type senior warden stop me, shake my hand, and check out my ink. He didn't say anything negative.
The main concern the State has in regards to tats are:
1. Anything that might be relating to gangs, hate groups, racial issues, etc.
2. Sexual Harassment (tattoos of naked women, breasts, sexual acts, etc.)

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I got a hit on a new job today. My application passed the first test and they are going to do my criminal background check now. If I get it, it will have full government benefits and I'll get to live somewhere I've always wanted to live, so wish me luck.
Sounds like youre going to announce your candidacy for President. Congratulations, I have always wanted to live in the White House as well, and the benefits are great I hear.

Best of luck. I will vote for you :mrgreen:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Ironically it is for a Correctional Officer position in another state. Hopefully they will have the attitude of portascats superiors.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Nobody would want me to be the President. I'm way too logical and pragmatic. I'd want silly things like for the Government to do its job, obey its own laws and not try to live everyone's lives for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.