PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hawk, see what I mean?

Hahaha! This is hilarious! I thought since this is one of the most populated pipe forums that it would at least be compatible with Tapatalk... turns out most of the folks here don't even know what that is. All I'm sayin' is it would be nice to use this forum on Tapatalk. You all have no idea how much better it could be! Maybe we can all embrace a little change?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
troglodyte.jpg

Tapatalk, sounds like progressive communist liberal hogwash to me. I just fax my posts to Kevin, and then he pages me to let me know when they go through.
Everyone is always making suggestions to make this place higher tech... but there's a reason this forum is the best ever. I don't know what that is, but it is. :puffy:

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
my only web access is my phone. Works fine on here.
No smart phone here. I like using my newish Dell laptop and Windows 10. I admit to being somewhat codgerly, and I like it. That said, we always stayed up with technology with our kids. When my 35 y/o son was eight, we got our first home computer that used floppies and DOS. I bet there are folks here who don't even know what DOS was. :nana:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
You guys should seriously give it a try. You'll be shocked at how much better it is. It's free. Try it and then comment on it. There are other pipe groups available on it. I'm NOT saying stop using this forum!!! It's FAR more user friendly and far easier to share photos and videos. Don't judge till you try. I use iOS so I can only judge it based on that.

The reason I don't use other forums is because I don't like they way they are formatted. On this one, I go to one page that shows me everything that has been posted from most recent, to where it runs off the page. I don't have to click around to find anything. Seriously, I've tried other forums, and this one is the most user friendly, IMO. If I have to download something to make a difficult forum more user friendly, then it sucks. I don't like having to download an APP to do something. I know that you kids like all of those APPs on your gadgets, but I'd rather just go to a website and have it ready to use without having to "get" something to make it work. I don't even understand that concept, ha ha. It must be a kid thing.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I don't mean try other forums, I mean try the app. Allowing the app use wouldn't change the forum for those who use it using HTML. It would simply open a door to others, not close a door to those who prefer as is.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Eventually all us Luddites will die-off. One gun forum I frequent tries to encourage/force me download Tapatalk when I'm on my Samsung Gallaxy. Those who have succumb, report mixed reviews. I'm not against it, but I have not seen universal praise for it, far from it. It does get a 4.1 out of 5 star rating at Google Play.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I should've stuck with my original idea. It's not for this forum, but eventually it'll get left behind. Evolve or die.

An APP is basically a website that you have to download before you can use it, instead of just being able to use it as it is online.

These children nowadays have wanted progress to move faster than it possibly can, so they took a few steps back when they came up with the idiotic idea of APPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.