PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
I noticed the Euro is quite low vs. the dollar ( 1.16 $ / 1 euro) so I hit up some of the known Italian websites. I found if you order in dollars they do not have a favorable exchange but if you order in Euro your credit card may have the correct rate. I was able to grab two pipes for at least 25% less than the usual websites even with shipping.
Castello GG
castelloside_zps500e29f8.jpg

Ardor Panel
ardor2_zps39d96693.jpg

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
nurse-great tip there, playing the exchange rate game. On the otherhand, ordering from Synjeco in Switzerland went the wrong way by 30% this week when the central bank pulled the cap. But that may depress the Euro further for awhile.
hp

les

briarhillgeoff

Might Stick Around
Nov 8, 2014
Same with us in Canada - our dollar is dropping compared to the US dollar - $1US=$1.20CDN - it was so nice when we were at par - but our gas is cheap now - so it works out in the end! lol

Aug 14, 2012
I just placed an order with Alpascia. They charged me $1.17 for a Euro. Great buy. Before I saw this thread I posted a notice about it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oooh-la-la. Nice job on the exchange rate, too. I'm not happy to see the Euro in the ditch,

for the sake of U.S. exports, but there ought to be a momentary happy side for pipe smokers,

and it looks like you've found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.