PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
If you could only get one tin between Skiff, Early Morning Pipe, or Red Rapparee, which would you choose?
Skiff. It is such a wonderful tobacco...very incense like and that is right where my sweet spot is. EMP may be just a tad more on the sweet side, but Skiff would always win that race for me. I can send you a sample of Skiff as my B&M carries Samuel Gawith on a regular basis. It is one of the few bonuses of living in Nova Scotia. PM me and I will get you a sample.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Judd,what Macbaren is your first bowl? & favorite?
I was referring back to Simenon's post, where he asked about MacB HH Vintage Syrian. It's for sure my fave MacB, and I think it is a damned fine blend.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
A bit of a love it or hate it tobacco is C&D Cross Eyed Cricket it has a sweetness to it with florals with an odd casing that I can't put my finger on. Either you love it or you hate it though there doesn't seem to be an inbetween

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
I second Vintage Syrian- not a ton of latakia, but great sweetness. Hands down my favorite MacB to date.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I used to smoke English blends, I found C&D Bayou Nights, Plantation Evening and Mc's Frog on the Bayou to have some nice sweetness. Another English blend I used to love was Blatter and Blatter Reserve.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I really like SPC Mississippi River. Tastes like spice and honey.
Thats the sweetest best English ive tried, im a VA guy if that matters, their Plum Pudding is pretty good as well, nice and sweet.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Wow old thread but I find Balkan sasieni to be naturally sweet, also arango Balkan supreme

jeff540

Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Red Rapperre and Frog Morton on the Town were two recent English styles with a natural sugary sweetness to them, I killed both tins in almost record time.
Another worthy mention in this category (at least to me) is SG Balkan Flake. It's only drawback is lighting - like trying to smoke beef jerky.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I HIGHLY recommend SmokersHaven Exotique. Order some soon because it's about to be gone forever, a legendary English, snuffed out by the Americans.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
I second in the Mississippi River ... A friend of mine gave me a sample I liked it so much I went and bought and 8oz tin

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Wow another Zombie thread. I got 5 pounds of this laid up and an FYI to the member who started this three years ago and all the other members who are gone gone gone:
WILKE No. 10

An exotic range of orientals are blended in perfect harmony with lemon Virginia and Latakia. A mild to medium English blend that can be smoked all day.
To all the old members from Mr. L.C.
"...ghost avatars still humming a soft hallelujah chorus even after being buried deep down in the dust..."

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
The Frog Mortons

Perfection

Bald Headed Teacher (More of a burley blend but has a touch of Latakia)

McClelland Anniversary

Northwoods

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
I second SG Perfection. It has a slight vanilla topping, if that's your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.