Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 11, 2023
Needles, Ca
Well good news I found You can order Smoker Friendly, Sweet Natural in 12 oz baby’s on at Payless Cigar & Pipes.
I just ordered a 12 oz bag and hopefully it will be here by early next week so I can try it and report back. Happy puffing.😎🤓🥃

Reactions: bent1
Jul 11, 2023
Needles, Ca
@Briar Lee, thank you for posting this. I'm on the hunt for it but failing so far. I called every store in Texas on the Smoker Friendly website and sadly, no one has, "Sweet Natural."

I called the store you mentioned in MO and they have it in stock now but don't ship here (I'm in Texas, but it sounded like they don't do any mail order sales--certainly not out of state).

I called Sutliff and the cust. rep., Sharon said it may be discontinued. She cant find it anywhere. She did find a VaBur blend called, "Natural," for Super Value doesn't know if it's an equivalent -- it's a cavendish VaBur. Smoking Pipes lists it as:

"Super Value: Natural Cavendish 12oz Pipe Tobacco
Product Number: 003-706-0017"

Any clue how a motivated codger in East Texas might get some, or perhaps any thoughts on whether SP's iteration is an equivalent?

Either way, thanks for sharing this and so many other great posts! I enjoy reading your insights and recollections of you family's lineage and history there in MO (especially those snippets from memory of family experiences and anecdotes). Some remind me of mine here in Hopkins County, TX where we only go back 5 generations, which includes our child of course :).
Thanks again.
kindly,
Mike
p.s. I gotta post a new photo, no beard and hair's short again after a two year "walk on the wild side"-- so if your passing through, pm me and dinner's on us--but don't look for a shaggy bearded old guy! :)))
Check out Payless Cigar& Pipes I just ordered some on line from them !👍👍👍

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Any restrictions from the US Postal Service getting tobacco into Canada? Our Postal clerk in our little town is a Bear about rules and lives to say no. Just wondering--not got any yet.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Any restrictions from the US Postal Service getting tobacco into Canada? . . .
Forgot to add--I bought tobacco from a forum member in Canada and he finally sent my pmt back 'cause he couldn't get it sent to me. Don't remember the details 🤔 and I likely have something mixed up LOL
kindly
mike

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Any restrictions from the US Postal Service getting tobacco into Canada? Our Postal clerk in our little town is a Bear about rules and lives to say no. Just wondering--not got any yet.
Well I've had some guys send it over marked as "tea" on customs form. Never had any issues with that method, lol

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
@Puffer of Pipes - you win! You sweaty mess! LOL Where the f#(k are you, hell or AZ? Is there a difference today???

@gervais - check you pm.
kindly
mike

ps--and a BIG thank you to @Briar Lee for yet another superb thread with lots of great posts! And BTW - haven't you had a thing or two to share about Lee pipes (did i get the name right LOL?)? 'Cause of you, I'm gonna have to give one a try sometime--but I'll pm you first so I'm not in a bidding war against you LOL!!!

Jul 11, 2023
Needles, Ca
@Puffer of Pipes - you win! You sweaty mess! LOL Where the f#(k are you, hell or AZ? Is there a difference today???

@gervais - check you pm.
kindly
mike

ps--and a BIG thank you to @Briar Lee for yet another superb thread with lots of great posts! And BTW - haven't you had a thing or two to share about Lee pipes (did i get the name right LOL?)? 'Cause of you, I'm gonna have to give one a try sometime--but I'll pm you first so I'm not in a bidding war against you LOL!!!
Yes I live in the So. Calif desert at the tip of Nevada no the Colorado River . We are always hotter than Phoenix & Las Vegas, This river valley just gets really hot!

Jul 11, 2023
Needles, Ca
I really want to say "No, what kind of retard country would go through that kind of trouble for tobacco?!"

However, we are under the rule of Liberals.
Ok we’ll send me your name & address & I’ll order a 12 oz bad then send it to you from me to you via mail . I have never sent anything to Canada but theirs always a first time do I’ll give it a try. 👍
My email address is rweart@gmail.com