PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I opened this tin at the beginning of the new year, and I must say it is THE best VaPer blend I have smoked EVER. I've tried alot of them and the only other blend that comes close to it that have actually smoked is Sutliffs VaPer crumble cake, they are similar but Cringle just has a more aged taste and texture. The flakes rub out into mostly large stripes of Virginia and perique, brown, black, lovely tobaccos. It smells aged like an ancient Forrest and smokes to the most fine white ash.

I have been smoking this as the first bowl in the morning with a hot cup of coffee, and I think that your pallet deserves this fine smoke in morning after a rough night of mouth breathing 😆. I don't know if they changed the Virginia's in this years batch but the aging is happening extremely fast. I'm not sure if everybody's tins are aging as mine but after I opened the tin I smoked a few bowls and let it rest for a few weeks, went back and the most lovely little crystalline substance danced across the flakes.

As you can see in the picture these are my last couple flakes from this tin and I'm going to savor every draw because a tobacco of thus stature deserves nothing less. If you have yourself some of this years batch cherish thy precious and consider yourself a lucky man or woman.

Attachments

• 20230218_081512.jpg
    20230218_081512.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 66

TexJake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2022
Hill Country, TX
Good review, thanks for the write up. I have also enjoyed this year’s version. My experience was that the first few bowls were a little rough on the tart / dryness of the VA, but after coming back to it in the jar after a few weeks of being opened, definitely smoothed those edges for me and it became a very enjoyable rich VaPer.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Nice write-up.
I'll have to revisit its been in the jar for a few months, had trouble keeping it lit even after sufficient drying ...
I smoke quite a bit of these flakes, well 20-22 and they can be a pain to get them going, a couple to few relights but once they are cooking they smoke like a dream, i just chalk it up to part of the experience and when you expect it it’s not a big deal and yes i do dry them pretty thoroughly.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I smoke quite a bit of these flakes, well 20-22 and they can be a pain to get them going, a couple to few relights but once they are cooking they smoke like a dream, i just chalk it up to part of the experience and when you expect it it’s not a big deal and yes i do dry them pretty thoroughly.
Yeah probably not a good choice on the boat maybe more of an indoor smoke

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sutliff does good work. I am a burley smoker first, but I like a good Va/Per as a change-up, and I generally like Sutliff products when I select for the tobaccos I usually enjoy. Some people sidestep Sutliff because they keep their prices at a moderate level; that is a mistake on the part of those who miss this brand.

ron123

Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
I opened this tin at the beginning of the new year, and I must say it is THE best VaPer blend I have smoked EVER. I've tried alot of them and the only other blend that comes close to it that have actually smoked is Sutliffs VaPer crumble cake, they are similar but Cringle just has a more aged taste and texture. The flakes rub out into mostly large stripes of Virginia and perique, brown, black, lovely tobaccos. It smells aged like an ancient Forrest and smokes to the most fine white ash.

I have been smoking this as the first bowl in the morning with a hot cup of coffee, and I think that your pallet deserves this fine smoke in morning after a rough night of mouth breathing 😆. I don't know if they changed the Virginia's in this years batch but the aging is happening extremely fast. I'm not sure if everybody's tins are aging as mine but after I opened the tin I smoked a few bowls and let it rest for a few weeks, went back and the most lovely little crystalline substance danced across the flakes.

As you can see in the picture these are my last couple flakes from this tin and I'm going to savor every draw because a tobacco of thus stature deserves nothing less. If you have yourself some of this years batch cherish thy precious and consider yourself a lucky man or woman.
I went through a tin of 2022 very recently and I was really impressed. Just got 15 more. BnB Tobacco was one etailer who still had it in stock last week...not sure if they still do though...

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Sutliff does good work. I am a burley smoker first, but I like a good Va/Per as a change-up, and I generally like Sutliff products when I select for the tobaccos I usually enjoy. Some people sidestep Sutliff because they keep their prices at a moderate level; that is a mistake on the part of those who miss this brand.
As well as supply and demand, always in stock and if it ain't it will be soon. they have the game on lock maybe not the same perique as C&D but I think sutliff leaf at least the red VA as Sable said is a cut above the latter

Reactions: yanoJL

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I
This is not good. Not good at all. After reading this thread, my 3 tins are in serious danger of being dragged out, where I had almost forgotten them- and opened.
I feel you my stash is dwindling but a very close seconed is like I stated above sutliffs vaper crumble cake. Its top notch and with some age I'm sure it comes even closer.

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Cringle was the only tobacco I bought last year. It’s not Christmas Cheer but I don’t mind popping a tin open just whenever.
I'm smokeing 2017 CC right now and I can't say it's any better then the CF, but as a perique freak i may be biased. The only dif is the perique and the ketchup of Mcclelland that's so tasty. Maybe the older CC are better then the last year of production. I'm gonna try to get my hands on a very early CC, might just change my mind 🤔

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Ah, this is the same Cringle Flake that so many people complained about it having too much perique. Honestly, I think wantabee scalpers were upset that not only was it affordable, but there were a lot of tins made.

I chucked it up to sour grapes.

But yes, I enjoyed my tin.
Exactly they were selling 2021 tins at super crazy prices, little did they know Sutliff had a card up there sleeve and now anybody who wanted it got it and now the are stuck selling there 2021 at almost retail. lol kind of funny if you ask me.

Reactions: telescopes