PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I haven't posted this thread in years but Super Bowl Sunday is my favorite holiday. NO relatives, travel, cooking, cleaning, decorating or presents. My team isn't playing so no stress, it's just a day to dispatch my minions for takeout food and to sit around smoking pipes all day. In years past I'd break in a couple of special new pipes. Nothing new this year but I'll be enjoying a couple of large Dunhill billiards. What pipes do you have on the bench for the big game?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Nothing exciting today. No plans today other than sitting here playing some Super Tecmo Bowl on my original NES until the "big game" starts. No guests, no parties, just ordering a Pizza (kids choice), and watching the game with the wife. More for the commercials this year as I don't care for either team playing today. My Seahawks aren't there, and the other teams I was rooting for choked (Bills and Lions), so I'm just hoping for an entertaining game. My brother is a Chiefs fan, so I'll be pulling for them especially since I hate the 49ers! Currently puffing on my Ser Jacopo bent apple pipe with some GL Pease - Chelsea Morning. After a few bowls I'll head in from the shop around game time for the festivities.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
No plans today other than sitting here playing some Super Tecmo Bowl on my original NES until the "big game" starts.
Have you tried playimg TSB on one of the handheld systems (like RG35XX)? It's similar to a Gameboy Color and has lots of older games (and ability to download other games).

I'm probably going to pick one up (about $65) just for Tecmo Super Bowl.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I'm smoking a Ser Jacopo prince after the game. I didn't smoke while watching because my son in law came over to watch it with me on the big screen TV and he doesn't care for my English blends.

Since he gave me the TV and helped me mount it on the wall and replaced the power supply in my computer while he was here, I owe him that courtesy!

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Im not a big sports fan but I do like an occasional game. In the US I would have watched but I didnt want to stay up til 4am EU time to watch it and Ive no recorder anymore. Im glad it was a good game and that you guys enjoyed it.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
None 😡

We’ve had covid, then laryngitis, then pink eye, and now some other terrible virus. No breaks in between. Preschools are a cesspool of disease.

My last pipe was on January 17.
this right here is why I try (key word try as in make an attempt) to be understanding and patient with people. Cause this is the kind of thing that can just seemingly happen to anyone.
Example why are you so chill with that jerkface? Because I know about appendicitis and how it seems to just happen to people.

Reactions: alaskanpiper
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Have you tried playimg TSB on one of the handheld systems (like RG35XX)? It's similar to a Gameboy Color and has lots of older games (and ability to download other games).

I'm probably going to pick one up (about $65) just for Tecmo Super Bowl.
I play it on my original NES console from when I was a kid, but I also have original Tecmo Bowl and STB on my arcade cabinet as well as TB on my Nintendo Switch. I prefer it on the original NES.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I couldn't smoke because we had people over. But the game itself was worth the sacrifice. I had a slight preference for KC but would have been happy to see either team win.