Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doughboi

Lurker
Apr 24, 2014
Ok, so today I tried my first bowl of summertime blend 2013. I opened the tin and wow, what an aroma...smells fantastic! Now I know I'm new to pipe smoking, my pipes are being broken in and I have a noob pallete... However I have been searching around for aromas that replicate the same taste as they smell, everyone says it has that rum/mango taste...now I enjoyed it, but I couldn't for the life of me taste anything other than tobacco (not saying that's bad)...wondering where I might be going wrong!? Maybe it's just me!
Thanks folks :)

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Hey there doughboi, welcome. I'm assuming that we are talking about the Peterson summertime blend? I have never had the summer time blends but love the holiday blends. I think rarely do taste and smell come together the same way. Then throw in that everyone has a different sniffer too! You may want to try a blend called trout stream, its sold at most of the sponser sites here. For me this is one of the blends that actually did taste as it smelled. And its a fine smoke too!

lockdown199

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 28, 2013
I've noticed with most aromatics I smoke I don't really get the flavor of the coating. I do enjoy the 2013 summertime also and I was told the room note is very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.