PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Blends that have some body and good flavor while being an all day, easy to pack smoke. I'm picking ribbon cuts for the most part:
D&R: VIP (one of my favorite smokes), S.J. Rimboche (this is VIP without a topping), A.P. Rimboche, A.B. Rimboche, Two Timer.
Hearth & Home: Virginia Spice, Anni Kake.
Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic.
MacBaren: Golden Extra, Symphony, Amphora Original.
Sutliff: Match Dunhill Elizabethan, Match Edgeworth Ready Rubbed (also known as Ready Rubbed Match).
C&D: Yorktown, Virginia Flake, Three Friars.

lonefrog615

Might Stick Around
Nov 19, 2015
My personal go-to work smoke is McClelland Dark Star in a MM Legend. I have that in my gob as I drive between calls nearly all day. Smokes slow, taste great, and helps fend off the road rage here in Atlanta.

Sep 18, 2015
Update,

I went ahead and put together a sampler from th D&R offerings and at the last minute thru in a pouch of CH just so I can say I tried it. Stopped by the B&M while I out this morning and picked up a bag of McClelland X30 and a few oz's of PS 41

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I jar up blends that I'm not too crazy about. For work I mix some of these with Five Brothers to speed up combustion and add a bit of nic. I don't have time to properly enjoy a bowl at work so this allows me to use up some stuff that would sit around in jars at home otherwise.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
965 and 3Star Blue are good, all day smokes. Elizabethan is another. There are simply too many to list. Carter Hall was a blend I smoked years ago. I revisited it because of this site. Yet another good all day, work smoke.

Sep 18, 2015
The McClelland x30 has been a winner so far, good flavors, burns great without bite. The only downside is It's a bit lite on vitamin N.

I like the LBF quiet a bit, I just can't smoke it while working without getting bit. The Solani 660 was the same, after the third bowl my tongue was shot.

Pulled out some OJK for tomorrow.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I keep the familiar 14oz. tubs around and open. Any one of a number of them, like Carter Hall or Prince Albert, is a great staple to keep around. I've recently gotten to like Sir Walter Raleigh ... I guess I need to grab a couple tubs of that. Take tins you have a taste for to work (Escudo for in the summer, etc.), but keep a tub or two around for backup or times of low cash flow. :puffy:
I'd also recommend Half and Half, though it doesn't get a lot of love around here. :lol: I like it best several months after the tub has been cracked, when the mix has dried out approaching crispy (and it does take months).
Lots of great suggestions already. Angler's Dream, if it's still around, is another good one.

Great suggestion; sadly, it's discontinued. When P&C carried it, I got several tubs and this delicious blend became a daily staple. I'll sure miss Angler's Dream when I run out. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.