PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Thanks to everyone for the kind words on this one. Sorry to have been absent, having internet issues as of late.
I'd love to hear how your pipes fit into your routine if you care to share
My pipe smoking never really changed much throughout the course of this experience, anywhere from 1-3 bowls a day, most times after a meal. I'd like to think that the nicotine helped to jump start my system and keep things burning throughout the day. An implicit health claim for tobacco perhaps? :nana: I kid, I kid.
Share with us how you accomplished it?
Pretty simple really, I quit eating shit food, ate mostly things that grow out of the ground and made sure I got plenty of exercise. 2 mile run in the morning, followed by breakfast (fresh fruit), lunch was light usually a salad with a little chicken or hard boiled egg, and dinner consisted of plenty of veggies with a little bit of chicken, turkey, or fish. Pretty simple really.
Again, thanks to everyone for the kind words. Good to know that my brothers of the briar are behind me in my journey to get healthier.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Congratulations! It takes courage to stay with a life changing program and you obviously have what it takes. I love seeing people regain control of their lives no matter how long it takes. You should and obviously are very proud of your achievement and thanks for sharing your success.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Weight has been an on going battle for me to, all my life. I always say I have three wardrobes; Fat, Fatter, AND YOU GOTTA BE SHITIN ME! Be strong my Brother...

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
I too am impressed and inspired. Great work.
3 years ago I was a 52" waist. Got down to a 44" (never owned a scale so had no idea what I weighted). Weight crept back up when I was layed off (got back to 46"+/- waist) but now have lost about 40lbs in past 70 days. Where I was a XXL or XXXL shirt before I am not just a plain ol XL and going down

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
2 mile run in the morning
This will do it. Running is hard! I'm down 40lbs since I started running and finished my first 8k this past weekend. For me, it was never about losing weight as much as the challenge of doing a race. I did a 5k in April too. I was always a strength trainer primarily in my younger days, and even though I'm still not a huge fan of running I certainly have respect for it.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Awesome!

Although you say the method was simple you have shown some amazing commitment.

You should be smiling widely in your after picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.