PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickmaker1958

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2019
Shasta Lake, Ca.
Afternoon everyone,

I was curious if anyone has ever come across a straight Deer Tongue pipe tobacco for blending or smoking straight?

I’ve done some looking online with no avail. I know there are blends out there with it in the mix ie: Crooner, but I’d like to mix and match my own Deer Tongue blend; any suggestions?
I have seen it sold by it self. I can’t remember who sold it, if I see it again I’ll post who it is that carries it.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
uHJX4_7SbumB0wvQJ4IQrpog8lGVlmeoxOWU74KubGdBN5s2Km3hrDMmLoDzhDjcR4-F0DFOEzdx7F4QdKgYrCqt9sC0xvotwgLqfCWXEv7WJ8QapnSTiw

Straight it can be a little harsh but blended carefully it really has a nice flavour. ?
Sorry, I had to do it. ?

Stickmaker1958

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2019
Shasta Lake, Ca.
Afternoon everyone,

I was curious if anyone has ever come across a straight Deer Tongue pipe tobacco for blending or smoking straight?

I’ve done some looking online with no avail. I know there are blends out there with it in the mix ie: Crooner, but I’d like to mix and match my own Deer Tongue blend; any suggestions?
Well I found it on Etsy in dried form as well as seeds if you want to try to grow it. It referred to as deer tongue lettuce that you can eat as a salad. Johnny’s seeds all so carries them. Hope this helps
Good luck
PS. The pictures of the dried herb looks just what you can see in gentleman caller a favorite of mine.

Reactions: DIYpiper

DIYpiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2020
Alberta, Canada
Well I found it on Etsy in dried form as well as seeds if you want to try to grow it. It referred to as deer tongue lettuce that you can eat as a salad. Johnny’s seeds all so carries them. Hope this helps
Good luck
PS. The pictures of the dried herb looks just what you can see in gentleman caller a favorite of mine.

I appreciate the info and will be grabbing some to try. Now what to blend it with for a smooth rich vanilla flavoured tobacco ?

Status
Not open for further replies.