Stop a 775% Tax Increase on Pipe Tobacco!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
As a service to the pipe smoking community and the industry of pipe makers and pipe tobacco producers we have set up a free service that will automatically send emails to your Senators and Congressmen.
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/stop-the-pipe-tobacco-tax/

group7

Lurker
Jan 10, 2010
I did also. And I believe we all need to!! If I remember right there was something called a constitution that said "the persuit of happiness" I think this applies

sailorgil

Lurker
Jan 16, 2010
I just finished signing the petition and discovered that 8 others from Pennsylvania signed, also ..... I hope there are a lot more reading the forum and their email who will take action before it is too late ..... Enough is enough, already !!!

mrsmokeyman

Lurker
Dec 19, 2009
so sorry guys, but im in nz so i cant vote = i did however post this on another forum i frequent so hoping there will be some people who care on there...
this sucks arse.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
I already sent my e-mails. This government is out of control.

Is it me or is this the same thing that happened to the Colonist 200+ years ago.

Very frustrating!!

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
Thanks for setting this up were its easy to do. I sent links to friends. I encourage evreyone to use this.

petersonsman

Lurker
Jul 6, 2009
This is crazy! We all knew this may happen, it is just so cheap for 'roll your own' smokers to use Carter Hall and Prince Albert.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I signed it and also paid to have letters hand delivered to them.

It only costs $3.00 per letter and I have 3 so called representatives so , it cost me $9.00. That is just the cost of 1 tin of tobacco and is well worth it.

pipegangster

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I sent my petitions to my two useless Senators and one useless Congressman. They are all rank and file with Palosie and Obama so I don't know what good it will do. I highly doubt that I will get a response from any of them since I feel like I am the lone Republican in the entire state of New York.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
pipeganster said
I feel like I am the lone Republican in the entire state of New York.

Oooooh! You think you got it bad? Here in Chicago I'm surrounded by so many tax and spend Libs it makes my skin crawl.

...Okay, I know, I gotta go have another bowl and chill out before I start to rant.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Here is my Message From Mrs Kay Hagan
Dear Friend,
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts and opinions. Since taking office, I have received an overwhelming number of calls and emails from North Carolinians like you who are ready to take an active part in our government. I appreciate each and every call and email. With our country facing some of its toughest challenges in a generation, your phone calls and messages are an important factor guiding my work here in Washington. Please be assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible regarding your specific concern.

I would like to take this opportunity to share my website with you. Please visit http://Hagan.Senate.Gov to find contact information for my offices and to stay updated as my new state offices open. You can also find information there about what I've been doing in North Carolina and Washington. It is an honor to serve as your United States Senator and I sincerely hope you will not hesitate to contact me at any time to share your concerns and voice your opinions on our country's most pressing issues.

Sincerely,
Kay R. Hagan

United States Senator, North Carolina

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Ya but I was kinda hoping I would get a letter from someone of the other party.

group7

Lurker
Jan 10, 2010
I have not heard anything from any of my Illinois Reps which is what I expected. Any of our people going to St. Louis????

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Can we say "AVOIDING" the issue... But she's too busy! Oh, don't forget, she said she is your friend! HA HA!
I am sure this is just a generic letter they send to everyone b/c I didn't vote for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.