PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Wondered how long it would take someone to post this! :) Just ordered two bags (the per-person limit).
Bob

bogglor

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2012
I mean that was faster than when 4Noggins had Penzance. I have been extremely lucky to be putting a TAD together at each exact moment.

Dec 24, 2012
But is this a good sign - that is, that esoterica finally has the machinery working to get this stuff out. I missed the in stock alert because I was on the phone and have been searching for Stonehaven for a long time. Am hopeful we might see more and soon.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
From what I have learned, JF Germain has a total of 6 people who work there and the equipment is 150 years old. They will never be able to keep up with demand.

Dec 24, 2012
Was lucky enough to snag 8 oz of stonehaven and 8 oz of penzance at 4 noggins. So I will finally get to try the fabled stonehaven.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, you just made the biggest mistake of your life. You will now be among the throngs who chase Stonehaven, you were better off being ignorant about the wonders of Stonehaven. lol

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
dnietosi: I think Penzance and Stonehaven are two of the best tobaccos being produced right now. (Penzance is the only individual blend to which I dedicate a rack of pipes.) While I'd strongly encourage you not to write them off without trying them, the fewer people that like them the better. ;) I'm more than happy to personally make up for any drop in sales among other pipesmokers.
mikephillips: Ditto with regard to And So to Bed. :)
Bob

cleidophoros

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2012
I went there to buy up all they had in stock and didn't see it......no, I'm just kidding about buying all they have, but not about not seeing it in stock.

Penzance is still there, Stonehaven is gone it seems. I ordered mine and posted here 2 minutes later; sorry, someone must have grabbed them.

rock

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
Well even though I ordered within one minute or so of being notified of it in stock and confirmation of my order I just received a email today saying me my order was cancelled. Letter stated they ran out and asked if I would like a refund. Don't know what to think of that.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
peck, you just made the biggest mistake of your life. You will now be among the throngs who chase Stonehaven, you were better off being ignorant about the wonders of Stonehaven. lol
Truer(?) words were never spoken Harris!!!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Well even though I ordered within one minute or so of being notified of it in stock and confirmation of my order I just received a email telling me my order was cancelled. Letter stated they ran out and asked if I would like a refund. Don't know what to think of that.
Yeah, I think smokingpipes.com needs to refine their system a bit. I was able to order two bags, but a day later I was told they only had one left to send me. I don't know how that happens; I would have thought my order would lock in the stock. But maybe when they're getting maybe dozens of simultaneous orders for the same product their system just can't keep up.
FWIW, my e-mail also mentioned that they received a smaller-than-usual shipment, so there was less to go around from the outset.
Bob

rock

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
Actually about 90% of my buying is done through them. If I found out that's what they are doing I would never order from them again though. I would hope it was a software glitch although it took them four days to find out. Usually they ship out quickly.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
rothnh wrote:
When an out-of-stock item is received, they contact their best customers first and the best customer are always given first dibs on that item and how much they want.
Just curious: Is this an assumption you're making, or do you know that this is how smokingpipes.com is handling this? Because I'd think that would be hard to justify logistically. I can't imagine that someone's taking the time to rank e-mail notifications based on ordering history before they pull the trigger and send out their blasts. And then scheduling several layers of blasts to different lists, to occur over the course of, what, five minutes?
BTW, if you sign up for a smokingpipes.com account, you can go to your buying profile and see what "badges" you've earned. If anyone wants to do a comparison here -- comparing notes on our standing as customers in smokingpipes.com's eyes, as well as when we were notified about Stonehaven -- I can tell you this:
I've earned a VIP Bronze badge: "You are among the most valued smokingpipes.com customers" as well as an Old Friend Silver badge: "You have done business with smokingpipes.com for more than 5 years," and a Tobacco Meister Gold badge: "You have tried more than 75 different tobaccos."
I received my "In Stock" alert for Stonehaven via e-mail at 3:40PM (ET) on February 1. I immediately went online and placed an order. Confirmation e-mail came through at 3:46.
Anyone else care to compare?
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.