PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
Condor. Bloody strong smell, sometimes when it's warm a freshly opened pouch is almost acidic on the nostrils and eyes lol.
maybe an aquired taste, but I lurv it. ;)
(slightly soapy, floral, minty, fruity, confusing, complicated ? lovely though once you get used to the fireworks)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'd been smoking a pipe for about 6 months or so, and had been reading these forum threads with great interest when I decided to take my first foray into latakia.

I ordered about 4 oz. of Newminster's #52 along with a few other tobacco blends and waited.

When the package arrived I could smell the smoky latakia just a little bit through the packaging.

When I opened the package I was BLOWN AWAY by the overpowering smell of smokey tobacco. I was amazed!

Other blends with powerful 'nose' are Ennerdale and Mixture 79. I'm sure there are more. Of the codger burley blends I find that Half and Half is the most pungent in the tub. It smells aromatic, rather than burley/tobacco.

I actually received a tin of pure blending perique and made my wife smell it, thinking she'd say, "Ew, gross!"
Her reaction was, "Yum! Smells like chocolate!"
I got some blending perique also/too. It smells to me like Copenhagen snuff.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
1792 Flake. Curled my nose hairs. When I opened the tin I honestly thought the tobacco had gone rotten. It finally aired out enough to un-turd itself and I did finish the tin. Never returned to it afterwards... :puffy:

drunkblowhard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Yes. SG Grousemoor is truly vile and unsmokable. Stop now. Do not smoke any more of this awful beast.
Please send all unsmoked Grousemoor to me for proper disposal.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Condor Plug and anything else I smoke - it all smells ghastly to my wife but strangely doesn't bother me. I suppose it works on the same theory that ones own flatulence doesn't smell :rofl:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
It finally aired out enough to un-turd itself
:rofl:

I've got a couple of aromatic blends on the shelf that require that treatment. They don't get smoked much.

An aromatic 'turd' isn't the same animal, but a reminder that something other than tobacco is present.

cullansghost

Lurker
Jun 13, 2016
Gaslight, to me anyhow, smelled like commercial catfish stink-bait. Sixpence had the aroma of good wine turning to vinegar.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Big N Burley and Star of the East come to mind. Oh! but when they stink, they smoke so damn good.

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
Old Joe Krantz smells like dirty feet....one of the best smokes around

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
Old Joe Krantz smells like dirty feet....one of the best smokes around.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Tambolaka smells like fermenting forest or jungle floor detritus (not the nice earthy humus smell), though tastes more like dark ropes & DFK with cigar-overtones.

It'll kick you in the head. Too bad it is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.