PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jxr182

Lurker
Oct 13, 2023
Oklahoma
I’ve been piping for around 6-7 months. Initially I would have one every few days. Then daily, before hitting two a day. I sat at 2-3 a day for a while. About two weeks ago I had my first four pipe day. That has since become commonplace and today, here we find our first five pipe day.
I’m actually going to make An effort to slow down now, but it just goes to show how I’ve fallen head over heels for it. I was a happy cig smoker for years before I quit but now I find I can enjoy smoking my tobacco with a fraction of the health risk? Yes please!
So much has developed in only 6 months I’m interested to see where I’ll be at a year and six months.
Any similar start stories?

jxr182

Lurker
Oct 13, 2023
Oklahoma
Oh I could smoke my pipe all day. The problem is I have a habit of popping the smoke to the back of my throat for a throat hit and I’ve convinced myself I’m inhaling some smoke when I do that. Trying to avoid that but it’s my favorite part haha.

I loved smoking cigarettes and never wanted to give them up. If I’m not careful I’ll turn in to an all day piper that inhales every draw.

Reactions: Trainpipeman

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I do way too many throat hits too for max flavor and my larynx gets irritated if I smoke more than a couple a day.

Reactions: jxr182

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
I am a 3-4 bowl per day pipe smoker. When I started, it was perhaps one bowl every two weeks. 30+ years later, it is at the 3-4 per day level. I do not inhale, and that probably keeps me from smoking more.

Reactions: yanoJL and jxr182

PiperCalvinist

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2024
South Texas
I do way too many throat hits too for max flavor and my larynx gets irritated if I smoke more than a couple a day.
I see. So that’s why I’ve been coughing. I’ve been wanting to taste the nuances of each new blend I try and I think I’m either taking it in too deep or have been doing too many retrohales.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Just smoke your pipe slowly which can be very hard for a cigarette smoke. Learn to pack the pipe properly and above learn the proper pace going forward.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
enjoy smoking my tobacco with a fraction of the health risk?
Kinda depends on your genes. You're still sucking in ignited tobacco so, the cancer causers are still there, being ingested and, the nicotine is still displacing oxygen in your blood. Just know the risks, weigh them and decide to smoke or not. That's what I did. Enjoy your wee vice!

PiperCalvinist

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2024
South Texas
Kinda depends on your genes. You're still sucking in ignited tobacco so, the cancer causers are still there, being ingested and, the nicotine is still displacing oxygen in your blood. Just know the risks, weigh them and decide to smoke or not. That's what I did. Enjoy your wee vice!
Good point, and reminder. It’s just like anything else in life. You step beyond moderation, and you take the big risk of it causing problems. That’s a pretty solid maxim across the board in life. We just need to individually determine what’s worth the risk and what’s not?

dingdong

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
still growing after about 40 years of smoking cigarettes, ryo, cigar and lately pipes puffy puffy puffy puffy
As for saturation/limit..to each his own..i can have 10-12 bowls a day but mostly half full of bowl...but i definitely feel better with pipes as with less inhaling, and the fact that the smoking time is spent enjoying tobacco, and not smoking (cigarettes) to spend the time, nor for the sake of "smoking".
with cigarettes, its becoming compulsive as with the lack of nic hit, and declining taste as you near the filter - and its around 5minute-ish. so you light up again and still lacking the hit.puffypuffypuffy

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-28 at 17.42.16.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-28 at 17.43.27.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-28 at 17.43.27.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 0