PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I should say that I also use a few of those acrylic jars to hold my open tins. I just drop them in there. I have had open stuff in there for a couple of years and the tobacco is still moist.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Now go to tobacco cellar.com an sign up now to track every thing. By price an tins an so on. That way you don't loose track of what you have. Wish I had done it early on.

Dec 24, 2012
Sorry, this is the thread that has the pic of the label on the jar.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/radice-buttons-breaking-coincidence#post-872769

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
Peck, thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I've seen them in Walmart's around me. It looks like a great solution for the Peretti tins.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I get these at the dollar store, $2 a piece. They work great for pouches and use smaller for bulk, $1 for a two ounce size.
win_20151112_101154-600x337.jpg

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Started the online cellar thing. Still trying to find gaslight, sixpence, and XXX blend from moonshine pipe company. Also trying to figure consumption rate. Handy tool though.
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/AggravatedFarmer

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Some blends aren't in the tobaccocellar.com list; you can add them by going into the my account tab and 2/3 of the way down is the add blend option.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Now go to tobacco cellar.com an sign up now to track every thing. By price an tins an so on. That way you don't loose track of what you have. 
Yes. Much easier to do that sooner rather than later.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
"...particle board only sags so much then crack."
I noticed the sag. He is asking a lot of those shelves.
I feel like he probably decided he needed to buy more tins to support the sagging shelves from below. At least that's how I would rationalize it to myself.

Dec 24, 2012
Heh. Those shelves are already reinforced with an underboard under each but yeah, I moved some stuff around, to redistribute the weight.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I know people get really into their wine cellars as well. I wonder how much of that is not just hobbyism and something to show off to the neighbors, but I imagine it's nice to rummage around in the basement and find a good 1963 Chateau de Merde or something of that nature. With tobacco, it's somewhat the same, but I might not be happy until I'm able to grow, cure and blend my own and stockpile those. I am a simple man, and my favorite form of cellaring is what happens at the end of grow season, when you make preserves and smoked meats and store them for the long winter. Perhaps tobacco could be the same way, and at least in cold climates, I know I could smoke through a pound a week staring into the fire.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Jeffrey Deal:
"... over-priced rash."
With all due respect I disagree.
Like everything, tobacco prices will go up. More importantly, taxes will go up.
All tobacco, alongside adult beverages, are every state's favorite revenue enhancer. (It happened this year in my home state when loss of income tax revenue skewed the budget. And I live in a deep red state.)
Funds willing, why not pay ten bucks a tin today as opposed to fifteen bucks a tin X number of years down the road? (God bless you Canadians. Fifty bucks today vis-a-vis seventy five bucks in a few years. I'm sure your National Health Care well justifies what you pay for a tin of tobacco.)
Now, just for fun, let's take it down a couple of notches. Could you survive in your apartment or home for three days w/o utilities? No electricity. No water. No gas. (Of course you could.)
What about five days? (Yeah, but the toilet would go dry with me drinking from the tank and not really wanting to eat another damned tin of green beans for supper.)
Let's kick it out to ten days? ( At this point, a break down of civilization as we know it. People shooting each other for un-refrigerated bumps of insulin. Transportation grinds to a halt. No government response, etc.)
I dunno, Jeffrey. Having a few years or more of something that you enjoy - or even calms frayed nerves - that maybe could even be used as trading material, seems like a pretty good idea to me.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.