Spring? What Is This Thing You Speak Of?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Accessories
9 Fresh Savinelli Autograph Pipes
New Cigars
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
50 mph winds tonight and tomorrow with 8-16 inches of snow. Local Department of Transportation already saying roads will be closed tonight and if you go out they ain't coming to save you. Making a big kettle of ham and potato soup with some cornbread. Going to be a great weekend with book and pipe! At least till Sunday when the shoveling bill comes due.

Jan 8, 2013
Meanwhile, in Texas... the high for today is 94. But then we're supposed to drop back down into the 30s, and then... you know I'm just going to leave it there... I wouldn't want to confuse anyone. From now on, in a weather conversation, I'm simply going to say, "Texas."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Yes, spring in Texas. Have your sunblock in one hand and scarf in the other.
Mow the lawn every 45 minutes.
Ignore any chance of rain predicted, as they are just throwing a dart at a chart.
Winters are short down here. Last year it was on a Thursday. Summers are only 10 months long.
Be prepared. Those four days a year when it's perfect out pop up unexpectedly.
Still, I don't own a snow shovel.
jay-roger.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Still, I don't own a snow shovel.
Seriously, Jay. It's Texas. You should be prepared for anything at any time. Such as hail storms on Thanksgiving, followed by both a blizzard and 90 degree temperatures the week after, tornadoes on Christmas followed by both a blizzard and 90 degree temperatures the week after, flooding in July followed by both a blizzard and 90 degree temperatures the week after... armadillo stampedes followed by both a blizzard and 90 degree temperatures the week after. Of course all these things could easily happen all in one day on any given Thursday. BE PREPARED!!!

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
We're expecting 15-25 cm of snow/ice pellets for this weekend. Hunkering down with a book and pipe as mentioned earlier sounds good. And maybe a mini-marathon of Netflix shows.
Mau

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Here in SE Pennsyltucky we hit 80ºf today. Just a few days ago, there was ice in the morning around our birdbath fountain. The daffodils were just buds a yesterday, now I expect that they may be bloomed, wilted and gone by mid-week.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
You know what they say, if you don't like the weather in Texas just wait half an hour.... prairiedruid where are you form, it seems to me a tad late for snow like that ...

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Just got a foot of snow.. supposed to keep snowing until Sunday. north central Wisconsin .
I will retire in Florida and Texas , these long winters wear on me starting in March .

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Here in Floriduh (Tallahassee) it is 64 degrees and the sun is shining...couldn't ask for better weather. Perfect for sitting on the porch and having a smoke of SWR blended with Anniversary Kake in a cob. Great flavor mixing the two.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
prairiedruid where are you form, it seems to me a tad late for snow like that ...
Minnesota, this is the first "real" winter that we have had in awhile so it seems worse than it is. We've had a snow storm every week for the last 4 weeks. It's enough to make one have fond thoughts of mowing grass. All the roads in the area are closed now so just sitting back with a pipe and watch the snow fall and listen to the howl of the wind. Soup is simmering away and I'll make some cornbread soon. Sometimes nature reminds you to slow down and behold her power.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Spring is one of those folk tales passed around by middle school kids and believed by some simple souls wishing for fanciful weather. I see the flowering bulbs in bloom and the dogwoods budding, but I know it is really a snowscape. The soup and cornbread sounds great!

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
We're having a beautiful spring up in Montana - 52 and sunny today. It's supposed to be 56 tomorrow. And then, of course snow on Monday. So a wonderful spring it is...all two days of it :roll:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Temps in the high 80's here in Maryland, with sun. Did some maintenance on the wife's truck, opened the money pit (and had an immediate failure..) and finally got the MGB out for the first time this season.
And today, temps expected to be 25 degrees cooler and overcast....
30708395_10216624021980908_4253016768084475973_n.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Yesterday afternoon, it was in the low 30s and raining. My heater in the garage stopped working last week. I finished the bowl, but it was miserable.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Officially got 28" of snow this weekend, Parts of my driveway got closer to 5' with snow blowing off roof and drifting. Supposed to snow again Wednesday . There goes the may 1 opening of my golf course.
Ah, smoke a pipe, breathe, relax

Status
Not open for further replies.