Sydney, Australia
Chick biscuit 😆

But why does it look different from the ones here? Here, they look like this

View attachment 227234😋
These are thick ones ☝️

View attachment 227235
These are thin ones ☝️

I prefer the "thick" version
They have a chewy texture, and more obvious lard-y "goodness" than the crispy thin (diet version) ones 😋

I was brought up by an indulgent grandmother in Malaysia and these were some of my after school "treats".
Talk about reliving one's childhood :rolleyes:

The increase in Asian, and in particular South-East Asian emigrants to Australia means that these "hawker" items are much more readily available in Sydney than in my (Malaysian) hometown

• Love
Reactions: tklee and kcghost

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
I prefer the "thick" version
They have a chewy texture, and more obvious lard-y "goodness" than the crispy thin (diet version) ones 😋

I was brought up by an indulgent grandmother in Malaysia and these were some of my after school "treats".
Talk about reliving one's childhood :rolleyes:

The increase in Asian, and in particular South-East Asian emigrants to Australia means that these "hawker" items are much more readily available in Sydney than in my (Malaysian) hometown
I prefer the thick version too. Very good bro, can find so many Malaysian food in Australia, brings back your childhood memories 😁

I think tomorrow I gotta go out and search for "chick biscuits" to buy 😁

Reactions: OzPiper

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
Your thick 'chick biscuits' look vaguely similar to Eccles Cakes, a supposed delicacy from Eccles in Lancashire (north west UK).
🤤 But the ingredients are very much different. The "chicks biscuits" taste a bit salty, mix with sweet. The ingredients are bean curd, sugar, winter melon, maltose, a bit of spices, a bit of lard 😁