PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
I've become pretty partial to both SG Best Brown Flake and GH Brown Flake Unscented, are there any others with a similar profile that are a bit easier to acquire, starting to run low on the BBF and not knowing when they may actually drop next (hung up somewhere or whatever the deal is)

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
So then, anything else similar that I should be trying?

I'm guessing other SG blends are going to be coming soon since the Kendall Plug is available. So buy a bunch of Best Brown Flake. Full Virginia Flake is somewhat similar. I would say Union Square, Aylesbury Classic Flake, Dunhill Flake, F&T Cut Virginia Plug and Vintage, Astley's No 44 are somewhat similar. SG Virginia blends are definitely unique so you're not going to find an exact match. Those other blends I mentioned are well worth trying if you like BBF.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
I'm guessing other SG blends are going to be coming soon since the Kendall Plug is available. So buy a bunch of Best Brown Flake. Full Virginia Flake is somewhat similar. I would say Union Square, Aylesbury Classic Flake, Dunhill Flake, F&T Cut Virginia Plug and Vintage, Astley's No 44 are somewhat similar. SG Virginia blends are definitely unique so you're not going to find an exact match. Those other blends I mentioned are well worth trying if you like BBF.
Out of those I think i have an Astleys 44, that I haven't popped yet. May have to give it a shot soon. Thanks ?

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Me three :) I discovered this earlier today and had placed some in my Boswell’s cart (yes, it is there, too), along with some other difficult to find goodies. I was in hope it would show up this afternoon at SP. And so, it did and I ordered a few other blends (that I suspect are not long for this world) to get the free shipping.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Kendal Plug is great though it gets much better with age. The stash I bought in 2016 is really starting to shine with 4 yrs on it. Cut a block off now and cellar the rest.

As far as anything close to SG/GH Flakes, I’ve never found anything that really scratches that itch. Yeah, there are other excellent flakes out there, just different.

Status
Not open for further replies.