PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepipetray

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
Thanks Wolfscout.

It has been great. The blossoms are customers - I hope you are one soon. Thanks again, Scott

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Hobie1dog,

That's a great idea. I will consider it. The dowels however do flex and as of yet I have not had a complaint. Thanks for your great input.

Scott
One must always implement the concept of Continuous Improvement of their product.

thepipetray

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
Hey Hobiedog,

Well said! I have over 25 years in the field of quality management before I started MacLean's Exquiste Designs - DBA The PipeTray. Thanks again for you input. Scott

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Scott: I studied the Total Quality Management System while at McDonnell Douglas Aircraft and we implemented the TQMS from the initial startup of the plant. Glad to hear you are familiar with it. For those not familiar with it, it has 3 Key Priciples:

1. Maintain or Enhance Self Esteem

2. Ask for help in solving the problem

3. Listen and respond with Empathy.
If everyone used these in normal living, the world would be a great place.
Good luck on your product development.
Marty

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
Great invention pipetray.Maybe I can convince the war dept into buying one for me for Fathers' Day.

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Well I think the pipe on the golf course problem has just been terminated! Should fit nicely in the carts 'cup-holders'.

thepipetray

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
Hey Marty,

I received my Quality Management experience in the aerospace industry working for Moog in East Aurora, NY. Maybe you have heard of it. I worked tirelessly as one of many in getting them ISO approved. I then went on and started my own Quality Management company serving as Quality Manager for small machineshops selling to the aerospace and industrial market.
Scott

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
You could also replace the wooden balls with rubber ones. I once checked out all the different ball sizes as we use them to isolate vibration under stereo equipment( like the old Superballs), the balls would not have to be machined(reducing costs), just drilled and it would provide further gripping power and a softer surface for the pipe to rest against. :wink:

thepipetray

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
hobie1dog,
I have considered making it out of plastic and other materials. I have them all listed in my patent. Do you think it is priced to high? My thoughts is that pipe smokers love quality and wood that shows of their pipe - that is just me.
Scott

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Being a pipemaker I like wood! Just far more class. Too many things are made of cheap nasty plastic these days.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I have considered making it out of plastic and other materials. I have them all listed in my patent. Do you think it is priced to high? My thoughts is that pipe smokers love quality and wood that shows of their pipe - that is just me.
Nope, I'm a woodaholic too, but it would be a low cost alternative product for those who do think it is too much to spend on the wooden model, and increase the total sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.