Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
While I was snowed in for the past 3 days, among other work, I figured that I would clean up a few of my pipes and take some photos to post. I am going to post before and after photos of 3 pipes that needed some serious cleaning.
WARNING!!!!!!! These posts are VERY picture intensive! I was going to go with a smaller size photo, but I decided to leave them large so that the details would show up better.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Savinelli Punto Oro 603
BEFORE

SavPuntoOro603-B4.jpg

SavPuntoOro603-B401.jpg

SavPuntoOro603-B402.jpg

SavPuntoOro603-B403.jpg

AFTER

SavinelliPuntoOro603.jpg

SavinelliPuntoOro603-01.jpg

SavPuntoOro603-01.jpg

SavPuntoOro603.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Great photos Bob! Golly, that Savinelli PO 2007 cleaned-up really nice! Looks like a different pipe. Nice work on the stems too. What did you use on the stems?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
This is what I used on the stems AND the sterling silver bands. This stuff is AWESOME!
http://www.4noggins.com/denicaremouthpiecestempolish16g.aspx
It worked like a charm on the silver bands. No scrubbing needed. I just rolled a Q-Tip in the paste and the black oxidation literally wiped off of the silver.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Uh....you're gonna use a flame thrower to stoke an oversized pipe while wearing leather gloves and a thong? Oh, excuse me, wrong thread.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Uh....you're gonna use a flame thrower to stoke an oversized pipe while wearing leather gloves and a thong? Oh, excuse me, wrong thread.

HaHa, I thought he was a snappy dresser.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Ghost45 Said:

I really like the Savinelli Punto Oro 2007
I like that pipe a lot. It looks great now that it is cleaned up properly. It was an estate pipe when I bought it. They sanitized it, and I did an alcohol and salt treatment and then cleaned the inside. But I never got around to properly cleaning the exterior until now. It smokes like a champ.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Cortezattic Said:

Ghost45 Said:

HaHa, I thought he was a snappy dresser.
I guess I missed a thread. I tried to catch up on everything after being away for 3 days, but I obviously missed a few threads, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.