PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Don’t know if anything ‘official’ has been said or heard, All sold out & delisted from the British online shops, weeks ago now though.

Durhamshire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2024
UK
I was informed of this when introduced myself to the Forum. Managed to get 10 50g packs at decent price. There were a few other sellers selling at slightly inflated prices.

Sad really. Condor Bar reminds Me of me Granda and was first pipe tobacco I smoked. For years I only smoked Condor Long Cut. I thought it was still reasonably popular.

Hope everyone is good.

driftedshank1

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2018
We've known for a long time that JTI has had little interest in Condor. The fact that production was shifted to Poland is the best evidence. I hope that now one of the majors will be able to negotiate a deal to acquire the brand or a license to manufacture. Of course, even if that were to occur and we could buy the RR, flake and plug, fans of the Northern Ireland products may still be unhappy with the versions produced by any of these big producers. But at least those smokers who never tasted the production from the glory days might find the version produced by a serious pipe tobacco manufacturer quite good.