Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'm visiting my Daughter and Grandchildren in Indiana. Mostly in the 40's and 50's with intermittent rain. Breezy. One day freezing my arse off and getting wet was enough. This Pod is awesome. I have an electric blanket and it is more than enough, just the heat it is putting off keeps the inside warm. I think with the electric blanket, this thing would make things tolerable down in the 20's. I got the next one up from the smallest and I'm glad I did. If I lived where this was a permanent solution, I'd opt for the two person model. I think I paid $139, very reasonable for comfortable smoking in the cold. Folds up very compact, would also work nicely for watching kids sports when the weather is a bit bad.

IMG_1902.jpeg

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
I know several cigar smokers that buy the ice fishing huts and set them up in their backyards for the same purpose. The hut, with a Mr. Buddy heater and they can keep it more than comfortable in there. I consider myself fortunate that I have a shop I can smoke in and a wife who tolerates me setting in front of the woodstove in our living room when the weather is terrible here.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I'm intrigued since my pipe smoking hibernated last winter.

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but inquiring minds would like to know:

What's the size? The size of the two person model?

Did it come with a chair (obviously not the one in your photo)?

Would a large American fit comfortably in the one you purchased? Is there room for a small side table?

Wind and rain aside, does it provide any insulation from the cold? Any modifications you'd make?

Does the smoke cling like a smokehouse or does it naturally air out (and I realize some smoke smell would remain)?

Thanks for any answers you provide.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'm intrigued since my pipe smoking hibernated last winter.

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but inquiring minds would like to know:

What's the size? The size of the two person model?

Did it come with a chair (obviously not the one in your photo)?

Would a large American fit comfortably in the one you purchased? Is there room for a small side table?

Wind and rain aside, does it provide any insulation from the cold? Any modifications you'd make?

Does the smoke cling like a smokehouse or does it naturally air out (and I realize some smoke smell would remain)?

Thanks for any answers you provide.
It's around 45" x 45". The two person model is around twice as wide. No chair. I'm 5' 10", 203, I'm quite comfortable. It would have to be a small table. No insulation but it keeps the wind out totally. If this were permanent for me, I'd consider hanging some batt insulation on 3 sides. I don't think the smoke will cling much to the plastic, probably will some too the chair cushions. Not a problem for me.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I see abandoned Spot-A-Pots every now and then. You can stand up in them. With a little ingenuity and a swazall, you could probably fit a Barcalounger in an ADA-approved model. Alternately, One winter I smoked in an old Subaru that we had sitting here for a few months. Heat, radio, reclining seats and all the dog hair that you can scrape up. A deer blind also sounds good,

This year, I sprung for a deck heater. And I can still smoke in the garage.

125612315_-1x-1_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.JPG

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It's mid 40's tonight and drizzling. I comfortably enjoyed a bowl of tobacco in the Pod tent. Sweats, T shirt, light jacket, blanket and a heat pad did the trick. Use the blanket more for padding than anything. I'm comfortable I have a workable solution when visiting my Daughter and Grandchildren this winter. When I stepped out into the drizzle and cold breeze, to go inside, I realized how comfortable this little tent was. Don't be confused, it doesn't come close to replacing my man cave in Florida.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
How do you think this would’ve done if you were outdoors instead of in your garage? It’s something I’m considering for this winter.
Well I had a little electric heater with me and there were times I was sweating. So it would have been nice outside with that. Even being outside, just in the tent would be a 50% better time with no cold wind!

Thinking about setting this back up in my new garage soon....winter is coming!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Well I had a little electric heater with me and there were times I was sweating. So it would have been nice outside with that. Even being outside, just in the tent would be a 50% better time with no cold wind!

Thinking about setting this back up in my new garage soon....winter is coming!
Thanks for the thoughts. Sounds like I need to get a two person tent this winter for “winter camping.”