PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodle

Lurker
Nov 15, 2012
As in i happened to be fishing and dropped my briar in, is there anything i need to do as it was under for about ten minutes.

So far the only problem is the stem is a bit looser than before.

Its only a cheap briar but its my fishing special so it needs to be right
Please help

noodle

Lurker
Nov 15, 2012
Ive got it dry, it went in earlier in the week, i was curious about any lasting damage. Thank you for the rice tip though i just kept changing tissues to dry it out.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Won't hurt it a lick mate. Sometimes with a really disgusting estate pipe, I boil the kettle and drop the bowl in the hot water. Anyway, don't take the pipe apart, just set it on a shelf or whatever at home and leave it alone for a week or 3. It will dry out mate.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
No worries, there will be no lasting damage if you let the pipe air out and dry out in a warm, dry place. Don't put it away in a damp dark corner or you could get mold! The rice method mentioned above works great. The other option I usually go for is silica pads. They usually come with almost every electronics you buy. I always keep these small packs and collect them in a box, for just those occasions when I need to absorb moisture of a beloved item.

noodle

Lurker
Nov 15, 2012
Cheers i think i may need it spraying in some unsubtle colour scheme, just to make it easier to find should i do the same in the future.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
For high risk adventures such as fishing :) I can recommend Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cobs. Whole pipe is worth as much as the filling of tobacco :)

Status
Not open for further replies.