PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampgrizzly

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2018
South Louisiana, U.S.A.
Watching the conjunction. Pretty cool. Anyone else?
After a couple of weeks of overcast gloomy skies, we finally had a clear night here. I could see the conjunction with my naked eyes and with my binoculars I could see as one of Jupiter's moons as well. Not as interesting as seeing one the mega unit satellite trains, however. A hunting friend of mine called me and said he could see some of Saturn's rings through the scope of his deer hunting rifle.

Reactions: dcon

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
After a couple of weeks of overcast gloomy skies, we finally had a clear night here. I could see the conjunction with my naked eyes and with my binoculars I could see as one of Jupiter's moons as well. Not as interesting as seeing one the mega unit satellite trains, however. A hunting friend of mine called me and said he could see some of Saturn's rings through the scope of his deer hunting rifle.
did you tell him that even if he gets a Saturnine deer he shouldn't eat it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No cloud banks, but a lot of ambient street lights and neighboring houses, and no horizon and lots of tall trees, so though I scanned around the Southwest sky I had no sighting. The next step was binoculars, but never had the need. In better times, groups of amateur astronomers will gather at a promontory and assist others in seeing the show, but that's not going.

Status
Not open for further replies.