PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
We got a dusting here in Philly last night. Was at a friends for drinks and we were standing outside watching it come down. It was beautiful.
My Mom sent me pictures from Buffalo yesterday. Looking pretty good that we will have a white Christmas up there. I enjoy the snow, and after 3 years of green Christmas, I'm ready to have a decent blanket of white over the green.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Visiting in Charleston, SC, so no snow in our future till we get back to N CA. And then we have to drive a few hours to get to it. Mixed feeling on the stuff. Glad I don't have to shovel anything anymore.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I will never forget Christmas of 1987. Jacksonville, FL got 1/2" of snow and it brought the city to it's knees for three days. Don't laugh. The entire city is connected by countless bridges. Underneath the snow was a layer of ice. Even if you knew how to drive in these conditions, no one else on the road knew. Obviously, there were no snow plows or salt. Everyone knew, "Just stay where you are. It will melt in a day or so." Managers told their workers, "Work if you want, or sleep in the breakroom. Just don't drive off."
My garage has about 6" of snow on it now. Glad I have today off.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's headed toward a balmy night in the lower twenties or teens in central NC. Reality check: Winter beings next Wednesday, the shortest daylight of the year. The upbeat part is that ever so gradually after that, the Winter Solstice, the daylight becomes longer. I do like some daylight into the evening. I've done better with the short days this year; some years it's been a bummer to have it dark by 5 p.m.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
13F here, with a wind chill of -4F, Getting another 1-3 inches today which will take our total for October - Now to about 50+ inches.

This transplanted Texan is feeling homesick!

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Late afternoon in OKC. The temp is 30. Tomorrow, Friday, it should get to 67. Saturday by 7 pm we should be at 17.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Our high today was 32 with a low tonight of 24. Tomorrow the high is listed at 33 with a low of 18, and with the wind chill much colder than that. As we are expected to get some strong winds again. At least there is no snow, rain or freezing rain listed in the forecast.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Well, the snow finally stopped here sometime over night with a storm total of 15 inches. One of our smaller communities ended up with nearly 30 inches of snow.
I did get to spend the day at work getting the school ready for the kids to arrive for one last day before Christmas vacation; however, the rural roads are bad enough that school has been canceled for a third straight day. I guess that means an easy day taking care of maintenance and prepping for the next two weeks without the kids. It could be worse, and if this is the most adversity I face in life I will have lived a very blessed life indeed.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Metalheadcigarguy and Tuold do you get to Rich's Cigar in Portland? I always make sure to stop in there when we go to Portland for the day. I absolutely love that place.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Very crappy day in far west St Louis County. Had several hours of very light rain on roads that have been frozen in the teens all week. Don't know how it rained with no snow because the temp never got above 29. It fooled all the road crews too. I could barely get across the road and back to get my mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.