PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
poy-2010.jpg

I already owned the smooth version of of this pipe - a Bing Liverpool designed by Tom Eltang. It is easily one of my best smokers. Now I am the very pleased owner of the Sandblast version. This pipe is incredibly light weight and smokes as good as it looks.
As much as I love my Petes, my Danish-made Stanwells have continued to impress me with their consistency in performance and these pipes continue with that tradition. In regards to budget-priced factory pipes, it's hard to beat Stanwell.
This has been mentioned a few times in other posts, but P&C has an incredible sale on Stanwell pipes - including the 2010 Pipe of the Year. If you don't already own a Stanwell, now's the time to get one.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Those are beautiful. The clean lines and classic shapes are just stunning. I have 3 Stanwells and they all smoke great so I agree with you as to their performance.

Jan 8, 2013
Outstanding six. This is one of my favorite shapes. The Diablo was nearly identical, I would love to get my hands on any of them. I imagine with that thin shank, they smoke beautifully.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys - yes, for sure these Stanwells smoke extremely well! I continually am impressed by Stanwell.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Love mine too so far after about 5 bowls. Eltang is one of the best pipe makers of all time Put a snail on it and add a couple zeros to the price...

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I think I like the smooth alittle better but for 79 bucks The sandblast version is great. They are so lightweight too!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks Durham - cannot beat a Stanwell!
Love mine too so far after about 5 bowls. Eltang is one of the best pipe makers of all time Put a snail on it and add a couple zeros to the price...
So true.
I think I like the smooth alittle better but for 79 bucks The sandblast version is great. They are so lightweight too!
Yes, the weight is incredible — feels as light as balsa! I can honestly say that I like both the smooth and sandblast. I admit that I originally preferred the smooth, but now I like them equally. :puffy:
Still cannot get over the price too. I'll be checking P&C more regularly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.