PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
+1
Frozenchurchwarden is right. It is damn serious and dehydration in summer as well as medications can make it worse.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I had no idea!!! Who knew? By golly...I learn something new every dadburned day! My Majesty has always said I was full of poopoo... luckily for me, regular regularity is regularly normal for me. Set clocks by it. I can't believe I'm riding this thread and enjoying it!

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Not really.. that's new.. I have to agree about the coffee as it has laxative oils, so it naturally encourages bowel movement. But Nicotine isn't...Maybe there is some correlation but I am not sure it is the pipe smoking.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Yeah, coffee and a smoke is akin to taking a whole bottle of laxatives. That'll get things moving if your ever feelin' stopped up.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Y favorite anecdote for that I heard on the radio, it took me a minute to realize what he meant. This guy calls in to a sports radio station, asks one question then, says I have to take the Browns to the Super Bowl, and hangs up, lol!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
No worries, it is a well known fact that nicotine stimulates rhythmic contractions of muscles lining the gut. It is a kind of laxative.
Us old timers call it EMP for Early Morning Poop
Hehe, didn't know that.
I doubt if the nicotine and/or smoking has anything to do with the outcome...see what I did there?
:rofl:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I had a pipe this morning which was followed with a pleasant "outcome", but I doubt one had to do with the other.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
One of my friends is a doctor who swears that most people simply do not poop on a regular basis. She likes more fiber but emphasizes lots of water. I pointed out that smoking a pipe encourages drinking of lots of water, and that a pipe after Taco Bell and water guarantees a healthy colon. No word on what medical science thinks of that one (yet)...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Caffeine definitely makes me feel like a regular guy, especially morning coffee. Nicotine not so much, though I've heard it does. Some pipe smokers use their pipe as a room deodorizer as they have their morning constitutional. Not me, but it should work.

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
Aye, a full pipe gets my gut growling too. Same with coffee and mints. Just incase you really wanted to know! ;)
Years ago when I smoked cig's I'd always get a wee bout of the spins in the morning then quickly dash to the porcelain throne for a bit of weight loss.
I thought it was the same for everyone, but then again I do rest on the throne quite a lot. Must be my regal blood.. or as my mum calls it, my 'baggy bum'. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.