PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Haven't had much of an issue with wind affecting the actual smoking (once I get it lit or relit), but I did pick up a Dr. Brog "Dezerter" that has a wind cap... It's one more thing to fiddle with during a relight. I don't mind it, but I haven't noticed a huge difference in the experience.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Yes they are worth giving them a try. If you don't like it you are only out $2.50. I use them in windy situations and like tham.
I also put one on a half finished bowl I am going to finish later. It keeps the tobacco and ash in the pipe and not in my pocket.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I find it easier to just cup my hand over the bowl and spread my fingers out just enough for the pipe to breathe.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I smoke on my patio, however, during the summer months I get the heat during the day beginning around 11:00 the mosquitos in the evenings. I have installed a ceiling fan and use a tabletop mosquito coil which really helps. I the winter I have a propane heater. I have made it work during all seasons and really enjoy smoking my pipes with the nature that surrounds me.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Love smoking outside! It's a meditative experience for me, sitting and smoking, enjoying the sounds, sights and smells of nature. Yesterday, I shared the space with a barred owl; today I had an encounter with a couple of baby raccoons, who came to within two feet of me and made purring noises at me, trying to figure out what sort of strange creature they'd encountered, sitting there with smoke coming out of his mouth. :puffy:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
trying to figure out what sort of strange creature they'd encountered, sitting there with smoke coming out of his mouth.
Hee. I think the JW's that came through my neighborhood last time I was out on the front stoop must have felt much the same way - for some reason, although they appeared to be canvassing the neighborhood, they did not stop by to offer me a copy of "The Watchtower", instead crossing to the other side of the street to get into their vehicle and leave...
:D

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Well, its probably that air of sophistication one gives off when smoking a pipe that may have scarred them away ...

Status
Not open for further replies.