PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Don't ever do it! It's Dangerous!
You may fall asleep mid-smoke and possibly start a fire. Lucky for me my wife caught me and slapped the crap out of me.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I've never smoked in bed in my life and don't understand those who do or would want to do so ... it's not just that doing so is dangerous, it's out and out uncomfortable IMO ...

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I have a bad habit of falling asleep at my desk with a live pipe in my hand. I have to watch out for that.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I have a cigarette first thing in the morning with a nice hot cup of tea in bed. Proper makes you ready for the day that.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
I passed out on the grass at ozzfest once wit a lit cigarette in my hand. woke up to some chick kicking my cigarette out. didn't want me to burn myself I suppose

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Don't smoke in main living areas at all. Wouldn't want ash/ latakia stank on everything ;)

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
When I was a senior medical student in Augusta, Ga (USA) doing my tour in the emergency room (now called the ED: emergency department) I had a patient who came in with severe burns from smoking a PIPE in bed. The following night a guy came in with severe burns from smoking a cigar. Cured me forever!!!

Spencer

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
2rcy1ko.jpg

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I can't smoke in my house (except for the basement/garage) so smoking in bed is a nonissue for me. Even if I could, I wouldn't!

I've come close to falling asleep smoking while sitting in a chair by a camp fire, so I imagine that it would be very easy for me to fall asleep smoking in bed.

When I was growing up, my grandparents on my Mom's side were cigarette smokers. I remember very well the burn marks on the arm of my grandfather's recliner and my grandmother's couch from where they had fallen asleep while smoking! I also remember their mattress having holes burnt into it!

I can't imagine why anyone would want to take that risk!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I wouldn't dream of smoking in bed. The upstairs of my home is designated as a no smoking area until you reach the door to the roof garden! Strangely when I have had guests staying they say that as you descend the stairs you get hit with the smell of pipe smoke. I don't notice it myself strangely!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Definitely don't smoke in bed, ever. Also, remember that whenever a ash gets away, one tiny live ash

can get into a rug or the cushion of a chair or couch and smolder for a hour before it bursts into flame.

Chase down those little embers and put 'em out.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
If I smoked in the house my wife would beat the living crap out of me. If smoked in bed it would be the last time I laid in that bed as I would be thrown outside and then locked out of the house.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
I'm pretty much in the same boat as metalhead.
Also, if you're cooking with peppers hotter than, say, poblano, wash your hands well before using the restroom... 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.