PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjhicks

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
I smoke in the car because it is relaxing and it is where I spend and hour and a half of my day. The ONLY hour and a half that is all mine!!

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I smoke cigars and pipes in one of my trucks, it just turned 375k miles so there IS no resale value in it. I don't smoke inside the house or other cars. My wife says she does not care...but I still won't do it.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I smoke in the car on occasion but it stops August 1st and I give the car a good cleaning and descenting before hunting season.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Smoking in my car allows me to drive at a much slower pace and to not get pissed when people do stupid things on the road.
+1. It is more difficult to get mad with a pipe in your mouth. I commute to work each morning and cannot understand people's behavior sometimes.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I only really smoke in my car when the weather is nice out, like around 80 and sunny. That way I can have the windows cracked and the sunroof open. It dissipates the smell.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
My main detourent is my little boy in the back seat. He's worth far more than a smoke, and we are kidding ourselves when we act like there is zero risk to the hobby. I have personal lines I'm comfy with, and for me that would be crossing it.
If I didn't have that....then I probably would. I'm Going to drive that thing into the ground and I don't smoke too often so....would prolly be okay.
The other thing is for me, the only way I enjoy a pipe is by totally relaxing. Lots of the fine folks here enjoy a pipe while working, driving, etc......man for me its not as fun. I guess I'm too high strung :)

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
I smoke in my truck. I've had it since I was 18, so for about 15 years now. It's mine and no one but me, primarily, drives it. Occasionally my wife will need to borrow it. When she does, she always complains that it smells like an old man. That always makes me smile.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I puff away when I'm driving. I keep my vehicles until the wheels fall off, average 250,000 miles per car. So, resale value isn't a concern. Your truck will stink like a stale ashtray. Ozium helps, but nothing really keeps the stink away completely. Then there's the matter of cinders landing on your seats and burning through the cloth. You can count on that happening, unless you smoke with the windows closed. And then there's the film that will form over your window glass if you keep the windows closed. Smoking in your car will ultimately trash it. If you tend to keep cars until they disintegrate, as I do, it doesn't matter. Drive with the windows open, puffing away, cinders flying onto the upholstery, a film forming all over the interior, and enjoy.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I puff in my ffishing/puffing wagon because it makes me a better driver. A ffishing buddy wouldn't let me drive with my BMWs because he didn't like that look in my eye, but that was before I retook up the pipe. He would either drive or make me switch to a Taurus or other boring car.
I keep my driver's window cracked open an inch and with the air circulation set to allow outside air in, most of the smoke goes right out. I believe smoke from many pipe tobaccos don't linger the way stale cigars and cigarettes do. But if any smell lingers and the remedies above don't help, a detailing pro with an ozone machine can clean it up.
That said, I tend to puff bent pipes when driving because of the air bag factor, and I pull over if I need to load a pipe - I use matches to get started, but once going, a lighter is a one hand deal.
hp

les

dannybeans

Lurker
Aug 12, 2013
Northern Indiana
I smoke in my truck when the mood strikes. It's 30 years old and has over 300 grand on the odometer, and I intend to be the thing's last owner anyway. I'm fortunate that the only passengers I ever have are either smokers themselves, or at least like the smell. And the only person who ever borrows it (one of the nice things about driving stick is that nobody ever asks) is my stepdad, who's a pretty passionate cigar smoker.
My commute is a very nice 15 minutes through the country, so I usually smoke half a bowl on my way in, and the other half on the way home.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
This is the only thing I smoke in my car:
9685472800_9f5785a9fb_z.jpg

A vaporizer. It is also the device that finally got me to quit cigarettes after smoking them for 30 years.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
My car any time. Wifes car, only when I have a few hours to air it out. lol I dont like the AC even in Texas I tend to run with the windows down all summer.

waxmojo

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2013
I drive a lot and always have a pipe going. Not sure if I could find where I am going without a pipe.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I smoke in my car, granted it is a beater, but even if it was new I would still smoke in it. I never have residual smells in there, not from smoking anyway. And during the summer when it is hot it makes for a good smoke driving around with the windows down.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Gotta smoke in the car. I had a great 1.5 hour drive the other day, was able to nurse my largest pipe along for the whole trip. Exceptionally enjoyable.
Open a window, and don't stress about the smell man.

dalby

Lurker
Aug 17, 2013
I smoke in my car whenever I'm running errands, I can hop out and leave the pipe in a cupholder to pick right back up when I am in transit to the next location.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
I smoke in my truck everyday twice a day. I barely crack the window. It smells like pipe tobacco. I'm ok with that.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I prepack several pipes when I am going to be in the car, saves time on trying to load up a pipe on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.