PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
It has nothing to do with anything except the fact that the OP is smoking in a private room that everyone else is paying big bucks for, and he gets into for free 'cause he is buds with the manager. It's not that he is smoking a pipe, or Michigan's smoking laws, or anything else.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I took my pipe to a cigar bar with a friend of mine. He got jealous because the waitress really liked the smell of my pipe way better than the cigars. So, she ended up hanging out and talking with me. She was quite attractive. However, when a woman says, "Aww, you remind me of my grandpa!" and you're 32... Well... I'm married anyways.. hahaha

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
More then likely they are licensed as a cigar bar which doesn't permit the smoking of pipes or any form of tobacco other then cigars. Weird laws I guess.

The B&M closest to me is like that.
-Frank

juptierspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2013
Illinois
My problem is the only B&M in my area is a Tender Box which is owned by great people but there smoking section is extremely lame, 2 chairs... so its pretty clear they really would rather you didn't smoke in their store regardless if your into pipes or cigars. I'm very new to pipe smoking so I wanted to hang around some people that enjoy good conversation and hopefully educate me on the questions I had about this pipe or that. Thankfully I found this form I learned so much already had lots of help picking out new blends and pipes to try.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I visited the new B&M that opened up 2 miles from me, it's a Smoker Friendly chain store. This place is huge! Four large rooms, massive humindor, everything first class. VERY pipe friendly and impressive in everyway! I forgot my phone so Pics will follow in a post. Needless to say I'm blown away, having only a Cigar club close by and small in comparision. I'll go into more detail in the post but doing the happy dance! RAWR! :clap:
Craig

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Roth wait for the pics, have never seen anything like this place! Plus I spent a few hours with the owner who is both a cigar and pipe smoker which of course means he's "total cool". Now that I've finally got my cabinet shop all reassembled after 20 years and reacquainting myself with all the tools. I'm making some furniture quality pipe racks and cabinets... and yes I have a box of briar, stems, exotic blanks, dyes, cumberland and delrin ready to go. My lathe skills are a little rusty and only recut some of my burners so far. Turning some simple stuff like pens before I get the briar chips flying.
He'll take all my stands, pipes and has a bunch of people who want cabinets modified into racks and humidors so double happy dance. Seems like most places, my fairly large suburb of Pittsburgh has gone all high tech or hospitals, there are only a few skilled woodworkers left. So the full circle has come around. In the 80's there were tons of people who had the tools and skills. Now they've all left or gone tech like I did in the 90's. So now people have loads of money and only a few people left and are overloaded with work.
Shame my oldest went the Ironworker way like most of my family, my daughter of course is now a Bio-chemist, and the youngest is in school for computer programming. I have my eye on a couple kids that may make good apprentices. But most of the young people today don't want to work, yeah with computers and at the many hospitals here. They just don't want to get their hands dirty.
Craig

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
The B&M in Asheville, B&B Tobacconist ( used to be Bruces Pipe Shop,same family but Bruce & his wife are in Heaven) allows both or anything legal, no problems. Great folks, great family great store.

Status
Not open for further replies.