PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Oops! I forgot one pic hiding in another folder, my new Tinsky...

Tinsky2011left2_zps2855142b.jpg

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I love the shape, my next pipe will be a bulldog. I'm a clencher though, do they tend to be on the heavy side for clenching? I've been looking at a nice sandblasted Butz Choquin, not sure what their quality is like. Any recommendations on a entry to mid-level bulldog? I'm thinking $80 - $150 or so.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I really enjoy this shape for a pipe. I set out combing the local flea markets and antique stores and luckily found one. It was in rough shape, a lot of cake, tobacco still in the pipe, filter still in place from its last smoke. The stem was highly oxidized and didn't come out easily...I made the seller pull it out so I didn't get accused of breaking the merch :) Talked him down to $8 or $10 on it. A few hours of work though, it was back to a fantastic smoking pipe.
This is my 3-dot Brigham bulldog, likely from the mid 70s.

kSkSHBp.jpg

FdRWeXz.jpg

As for your original question, oldmaus...I have found it works great for all tobaccos. The chamber isn't as tall as other pipes, so if you stuff and puff your flakes, it may not be the best option. However, for rubbed out or cube cut flakes, it's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.