PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmay

Lurker
Mar 1, 2015
Suggestions needed for a pipe tobacco thats room note is pleasant, smokes cool, with no gurgle. A good tobacco flavor would be a plus. The boss said I could smoke in the livingroom if the aroma is nice :lol: I usually smoke English blends or periques so those are out. Help!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've had a good reaction to Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge, which is Virginia, burley, and Cavendish flavored with rum. Also Peterson Special Reserve 2013, which is probably similar to most of Peterson brand specialty aromatics. Lane's Q-1 and LL-7 usually don't raise any objection.

jmay

Lurker
Mar 1, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions! What do you guys think about Mac Baren Navy Flake?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd say Lane's 1Q no doubt, it's the only thing my wife will let me occasionally have a bowl of in the house, or Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream Flake. Very pleasant room notes and very enjoyable for the one puffing on it as well.
Mac Baren's Navy Flake got a pleasant to tolerable note from my lady, but it'd never be allowed to be had inside the house by her.
Since her mother owns the house I live in I go with what she says. Plus, I live in Vegas and have a clean garage to enjoy, so the weather isn't that big of a deal.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
You can give Stanwell's Kir & Apple a try, the room note is super fruity and unique.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2977/stanwell-kir-apple

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Lane 1Q , spring training, and bagpiper's dream. All smell awesome, smoke cool.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
MacBaren - Navy Flake isn't what you're going to want to smoke around the "boss". Room note wont win over "the boss" plus, it can get a bit warm if pushed to hard.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
My favorite aromatic for a room note would be Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal. It's a marvelously cool and flavorful smoke, and has a wonderful room note.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake. I had a girl who absolutely hates smoke tell me she liked it.

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
Plumcake would handle the room aroma duties nicely but if mishandled it can bite a smoker like a wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.