PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyraffaello

Lurker
Apr 7, 2014
United States
Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for extra small pouches and/or cases. My situation is that I want to smoke my pipe much more, and since I work outside semi-regularly, I'd like to bring them along with me. That being said, I don't normally wear a jacket in the summer as it is too hot in DC and I don't wear really loose fitting clothes with big pockets (cargo shorts, etc.) at all.
That leaves me with my normal jeans and shirt combination that doesn't have a whole lot of room for my supplies. I used to smoke cigarettes, and it wasn't difficult to pack a box of cigarettes and a lighter with me, but I've found some difficulty with the pipe kit. My current zip pouch is definitely too big for pocketing.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
As far as finding a pipe to take with you. You might consider looking at some of the Missouri Meerschaums. They have quite a few smaller pipes. As for the baccy, maybe just a ziplock with that day's smoking allowance.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
This might fit the bill:

s0491441_sc7

Mini neoprene pencil pouch. Comes with a carabiner to clip onto your belt loop!

Price is right at $1.97 each, at Staples.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
My wife bought mine for me in France. It is a Butz Choquin leather snap pouch. It folds out into a box shape for easy filling my pipe, and will hold about an ounce of tobacco, but I don't usually fill it all the way. I usually pack enough for a day's smoking, and that's maybe a half ounce or a tad more. It will fit into my jeans pocket no problem, along with a Peterson 317 with the stem pulled out first. That's in my left pocket, and a pipe tool and lighter in my right pocket, and that's all I carry. Not much less convenient than a pack of cigarettes, really.
I haven't seen a pouch this small in the US, other than at my local B&M. Prior to owning this leather pouch (which I absolutely LOVE!), I just reused old condor pouches, and put a rubber band around them, and stuck in my back left pocket. They'd last a few weeks before breaking a hole in them.
I can't stand carrying a bunch of crap, and bulky pipe bags are just not my thing, so I understand what you mean.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have a small, single pipe zip bag that does fit in my pocket (nylon fabric). It holds a pipe, lighter, tool and a small amount of tobacco nicely, yet still fits where it needs to. The leather ones are a little more bulky and this has been my trusted companion for four years now.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
MM Country Gent pull the stem and slip both in front pocket. back pocket, a zip-lock with tobacco, bic lighter and pipe tool.

heyraffaello

Lurker
Apr 7, 2014
United States
My wife bought mine for me in France. It is a Butz Choquin leather snap pouch.
I have a small, single pipe zip bag that does fit in my pocket (nylon fabric).
Do you guys have a picture or any more specific details so I can try and find one?
MM Country Gent pull the stem and slip both in front pocket. back pocket, a zip-lock with tobacco, bic lighter and pipe tool.
I have a MM Patriot that I suppose I could do that with. Any drawbacks to taking it apart?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here's my single pipe case (that is a pretty Chubby Rad Davis). The tobacco pouch is rubber lined, so you don't have to use a zip-loc. But, I changed blends so often the zip-loc is easier. Most shops carry this kind of bag, I know JB Hayes in Fair Oaks will have some.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
You might look for a hard sunglasses case your pipe can fit in? Maybe shopping for a new nose warmer is in order?

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
For tobacco, I've got a single snap rubber lined that isn't much larger than a pack of cigs and is made from kid goat or some other ultra soft leather. I can stuff a days worth of tobacco into it, shove it in a pocket and get going. I have no idea who manufacturers it but it was originally marked at $70 back in like 2003. I got it for $25 on a clearance at my B&M during a big event they were having then. What's cool is that there's no spillage and it lets the tobacco get to just the right amount of dryness for me after a couple hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.