PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I have both jars like what Ghost has and also canning jars... both work fantastic. Canning jars are VERY cheap though and you can pick up a case of them for under $10 :D

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
I could see your gorgeous labels adding some pleasant yet functional eye candy.
Very much so, I pinpointed nightcap in a snap cuz of the label

wagnon85

Might Stick Around
Apr 25, 2010
Heheh Thanks! Yeah if I had them in a drawer or put away, then I wouldn't have gone to those lengths, but they are on a glass shelf in the middle of my built-in, full wall book shelf in my office, so they are front and center! hehe So the more I kept looking at them, the more they bugged me! hehe
I cut my Photoshop teeth redoing DVD covers (especially for TV series or classic movies since the studios always seemed to give them lame ones! hehe I loved adding in the original poster art). So this tobacco label project seemed like a natural progression to me! hehe

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I just write the name of the blend on a piece of paper and toss it into the jar. I also don't have huge bulk tobacco stored away though, I only do about 1 - 2 oz samples of stuff. The ONLY smoke that I have in bulk quantity is 1Q, and I keep about 8oz in a large mason jar.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I should note that I only got those small jars late last year, so if I can get another 7 or so years from them that is good news for sure.
I used to use handwritten paper labels on my larger jars, but as mentioned they are a pain to remove even with Goo Gone. Not a big deal in the big picture I guess, but if I'm going to fuss over it I may do Wagnon's idea with the printed labels. I have a photo printer I never use, but that would look sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.