PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sladeburns

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
I have had a headache for nearly 3 weeks straight. After going to 2 doctors and a chiropractor, I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection without any stuffiness or discharge(nice way of putting it). I am on about 6 different drugs atm (antibiotics, anti inflammatory, muscle relaxers, pain killers, etc.) I finally felt pretty good for 2 days and had a couple of light bowls (Mid-Town Chestnut and Sweet Cask). The next day it was brutal again with pressure above and below my eyes. I guess I am on hiatus from the pipe.
This is my first sinus infection and it has been brutal. Anybody out there have any suggestions for relief and/or preventative steps for the future? How do sinus infection sufferers who love the pipe deal with it?
Thanks!

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I don't smoke when I have a sinus infection. I use a neti pot with a splash of hydrogen peroxide in it 3 times a day for about 3 to 5 days or until the solution no longer burns when irrigating the sinus cavity. I rarely take antibiotics because sinus infections are usually viral. The moral of the story is don't smoke with a sinus infection if it's making the infection feel worse.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
+1 for an ENT (aka Head & Neck Surgeon) & consider an Ophthalmology (Eye) evaluation. Also, since there are many other causes of protracted headaches & pain around the eyes, you may need an MRI or CT scan of the brain, to include the sinuses & orbits (eyes & contents of the eye sockets). In the absence of other symptoms, you may not have a sinus infection.

sladeburns

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
I just set up an ENT appointment for next week and started using a neti pot. I am definitely a "if it hurts don't do it" kind of guy so pipes are off the table for now. I'm going to push for some scans. The thing that has me the most concerned is the lack of stuffiness or discharge but it was hard to tell specifically what hurt when my whole head was exploding all day.
Thanks for the tips!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I get a nasal infection, I get a few large bottles of Saline Solution and then every hour on the hour I flush my nose religiously. I do this for a few days and in no time my nose is clear. It works every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.