PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
A worthy flake that does not get many mentions. Bought a can at Strauss in Norther Ky when I visited last week. Sweet with lots of spice. Reminds me of a spicier version of Marlin flake.

Becan is/was one of my favorites, Councilor is as close to Becan as I have found.

It's my opinion and worth every single penny you paid for it.

Reactions: rushx9 and Bowie

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
It's good stuff! A friend on here recommended it so I bought a half dozen tins. I thought it was on the sharp side when smoked fresh so i'm letting my other tins age awhile.

Reactions: briarbuck

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
How does it compare to Solani 633? A guy on youtube claims they're the same blend. They do look remarkably similar.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
How does it compare to Solani 633? A guy on youtube claims they're the same blend. They do look remarkably similar.

When you open the tin the packaging looks just like Aylesburry packaging. Same folded over paper with a gold sticker. In my opinion the perique is much more forward than Solani 633. Counselor has a deep current fruitiness and nose tingle that I do not get from 633 (and I love 633).

Reactions: logs

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
When you open the tin the packaging looks just like Aylesburry packaging. Same folded over paper with a gold sticker. In my opinion the perique is much more forward than Solani 633. Counselor has a deep current fruitiness and nose tingle that I do not get from 633 (and I love 633).
isn't Aylesbury K&K as well?

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Many of the K&K flakes seem to be packaged like this. Their Dunhill/Peterson flake is also paper with gold sticker

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Shhhhhh!!! We all made a pact not to talk about some of the actual great tobaccos on here. You will get a visit from the Councilor on your break with the treaty.
tumblr_p814cuvBqb1wzvt9qo3_500.gifv

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
Councilor is one that I always mean to get but always seem to miss out on. That is good news to me if it is the same as Solani 633, as I have a number of those stashed away. However, I'd like to get my hands on a tin find out for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.